studying for MCAT while taking PRE-REQS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Theloveofmedicine12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hola y'all.

Just wondering.. I'm planning to take Physics 1 + lab and Orgo 2 + lab this summer
and will be taking physics 2 in fall....

I plan to start studying for the MCAT in JULY.... so I can take it in December or January...

Is it bad to study while taking the classes? Advice, guidance

Members don't see this ad.

If you're taking physics 1 and orgo 2 in the summer, I don't think you will have much free time to study for the MCAT.

Also, you can't take the MCAT in December, late January is the earliest.

Don't try to squeeze in the MCAT without feeling comfortable with your studying.

Reactions: 1 user
Classes are over the end of July.

My question still remains.. studying while taking Physics 2?
You will likely be okay, you can just gloss over the physics section and come back to it after you finish the course if you feel like you're missing something. Theres stuff on the MCAT that my physics 2 class didn't cover anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean is it your only class? Do you work? How much time per day can you commit to studying exclusively MCAT stuff? That is the real question - do you have time to give it proper prep before you take the test?

Sounds like you’ll have the right amount of time to focus on mcat studies then. Unlike the person above, my physics 1&2 sequence covered all the MCAT material (and then more), so you could see it in class or could not. Good luck!

Ya that's fine its what I'm currently doing. I usually just read that chapter in my MCAT book right before a take the test in class that correlates to that chapter.

That's a very long time to prepare for the MCAT. It's fine to study for the MCAT as you're taking pre-reqs. In fact, you might find that you won't have to review that particular subject in much depth since it's fresh in your mind, which saves you some time.