Studying for MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smitty3L

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I'm hoping to draw from the wisdom and experience of all you fellow SDNers. What is the best strategy for studying for the MCAT? What advice can you give me, what did you wish you had done differently and what did you find to be the most helpful? Thanks in advance!

- Smitty
"There's no clam eyes, to cry clam tears"

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
there is a particularly salient thread over there, "destructing the mcat verbal", by mike78s. definitely a worthwhile read that i'd highly recommend. good luck

get those examkracker books, right away. Read and re-read them, and then in the last two months, just do exams and review them inside out. Best thing to do is aim for 15's, and think of yourself as a MCAT "know it all".

Lots and lots of practice tests. Make sure you know why you missed every single question you miss. I took a Kaplan MCAT review course (actually took it twice, 'cuz I didn't buckle down enough the first time, so ended up being an August test-taker). The classes weren't as helpful as their materials. and their realistic, timed practice tests.

I'm moving this to the MCAT forum.

Why don't you hang out with us MCAT kiddies in there? I am sure your MCAT questions will be answered there.