Studying for NPTE!!

Started by gudpt12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gudpt12

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just graduated May 5 with a DPT, I took the IER TherapyEd 2 day review course. I took this course back in April, was very helpful. Just a quick question for those who took it (or those in general with study suggestions), the instructor suggested that we study 6 days a week, for 6 weeks, 2-3 hours a day. I'm taking the NPTE July 31, and haven't started reviewing yet per her suggestion. Am I making a mistake? I'm going to begin studying next week anyways. My plan is 4-5 hours per day, 6 days a week, which will give me 9 weeks total. Is this enough time, too much time?

I have the O'Sullivan review book, the blue book, and scorebuilders review book
 
You should be just fine. Considering you are a new grad, the material for the exam should be relatively fresh on your mind thus 2-3 hours/ day should very well be sufficient. Of course you know your weaknesses, lifestyle/ environment you are in prior to the exam; therefore you can formulate your personalized study schedule. Yes, Giles- blue book- O'sullivan review are fantastic guides to prepare for the examination!
 
I just graduated May 5 with a DPT, I took the IER TherapyEd 2 day review course. I took this course back in April, was very helpful. Just a quick question for those who took it (or those in general with study suggestions), the instructor suggested that we study 6 days a week, for 6 weeks, 2-3 hours a day. I'm taking the NPTE July 31, and haven't started reviewing yet per her suggestion. Am I making a mistake? I'm going to begin studying next week anyways. My plan is 4-5 hours per day, 6 days a week, which will give me 9 weeks total. Is this enough time, too much time?

I have the O'Sullivan review book, the blue book, and scorebuilders review book
Can you be my study partner...I'm a grad student of exercise physiology with bachelors in physical therapy.