studying for physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,

i was wondering how I can study for the physics part of OAT.
is reading part similar to DAT r/c?
please give me a tip for those.
Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

heyy,

the first time i took the OATs i got a 270 on my physics...then I used the ExamKrackers book for Physics and I got a 360!!!....I also did all the practice problems that were after each section in the ExamKrackers book......Get the study guide for it...not the 1,000 questions....I mean you can get the other book too if you want more practice....but ..I just did tons and tons of practice problems from Kaplan's OAT Practice exam

Get the Kaplans OAT practice exam book (its like 5 dollars on amazon) and do the reading comprehension from there! :)

The OAT section of the forums has plenty of advice for studying for physics. Personally, I used the large Kaplan book with the online problems. I somewhat used the OAT Destroyer, but not very much. The actual OAT primarily focuses on force and kinematics (and is much easier than the practice tests).

The RC section is very, very similar to the DAT and using those practice tests would definitely be sufficient.

The OAT section of the forums has plenty of advice for studying for physics. Personally, I used the large Kaplan book with the online problems. I somewhat used the OAT Destroyer, but not very much. The actual OAT primarily focuses on force and kinematics (and is much easier than the practice tests).

The RC section is very, very similar to the DAT and using those practice tests would definitely be sufficient.

I had a hug packet of physics practice questions that were very math heavy. On the day of the actual exam, there were very few actual math related physics problems. I scored a 390 and I think it has a lot to do with the math helping me understand the concepts better. The real OAT questions asked about concepts like "in which direction is this force acting?" or "identify the force keeping x from doing y?" or something similar.

I would suggest that you concentrate on the concepts more than the math. And what math is required is very short. Understand trig and understand how to express your answers as irrational fractions (fractions that involve things like tan and square roots). In other words, they don't want you to do the math out and get an exact number, they just want you to show that you understand the components required to get an answer and what mathematical functions you're performing to those components. For example, a box sliding down a ramp with a frictional coefficient, etc. The answer will most likely include a trig function and square root sign and be in the form of a fraction.