Studying for the DAT second semester sophomore year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amiramahomed

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I will be a second semester sophomore this upcoming Spring and would like to take my DAT the summer after my sophomore year. I already purchased the 2021 DAT destroyer and QR book. I plan to use the destroyer, DAT bootcamp (closer to my test date), Chad's Videos, Cliffs AP Bio Notes, and Feralis's Biology Notes. I also plan to do research during the summer after my sophomore year. That will be very intense and will be done in mid July. I worry that between mid July and the end of August will not be enough time to prepare. I would like to prepare now, as best as I can, but I will not have completed ochem II until the end of the semester. Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do? Thank you all so much!

Members don't see this ad.

read through bio notes! i reccomend the bootcamp notes and orgoman notes which can be found on the respective fb pages :)

Reactions: 1 user
If you would like to start now I would recommend reading the AP Bio cliff notes to get a better understanding of biology, after reading that I would recommend reading The Feralis Biology notes as it is very comprehensive. I would also use a lot of the free resources online like Chad's prep to start practicing if you would like to start now. After you exhaust the free resources closer to the exam I would recommend utilized high yield resources like DATBooster which was extremely representative of the exam. I do not recommend DATBootcamp as it was too expensive and was not as representative of the exam as DATBooster was, I would only recommend it if you have extra money and would like extra practice. This will give you a feel for how the exam really is and actually has some questions that are very similar to the exam which was very helpful to me. Good Luck!

If you would like to start now I would recommend reading the AP Bio cliff notes to get a better understanding of biology, after reading that I would recommend reading The Feralis Biology notes as it is very comprehensive. I would also use a lot of the free resources online like Chad's prep to start practicing if you would like to start now. After you exhaust the free resources closer to the exam I would recommend utilized high yield resources like DATBooster which was extremely representative of the exam. I do not recommend DATBootcamp as it was too expensive and was not as representative of the exam as DATBooster was, I would only recommend it if you have extra money and would like extra practice. This will give you a feel for how the exam really is and actually has some questions that are very similar to the exam which was very helpful to me. Good Luck!
Thank you so much for your suggestions and guidance!