Studying for the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GWU08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So i am starting to prepare and study for the DAT- hope to apply either May09/May10- and I wanted to get some feedback about some good resources to use. I have been reading through many threads and i've heard mixed feelings about Kaplan/Topscore/etc.

Any advice you can provide would be wonderful. I am not a science major, however am taking my pre-dent classes and will plan to take at least 2-3 upper level classes too, in order to prove myself. I so far have Orgo II and Physics II left to complete and want to start studying!!

Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

So i am starting to prepare and study for the DAT- hope to apply either May09/May10- and I wanted to get some feedback about some good resources to use. I have been reading through many threads and i've heard mixed feelings about Kaplan/Topscore/etc.

Any advice you can provide would be wonderful. I am not a science major, however am taking my pre-dent classes and will plan to take at least 2-3 upper level classes too, in order to prove myself. I so far have Orgo II and Physics II left to complete and want to start studying!!

start with your Text books!

Hello,

if you've already heard mixed feelings in other threads, what makes you think that in this thread there will be a unifying feeling?
I don't understand what you and everyone else who makes these 'whats the best materials?' thread are expecting.. the same voices are heard, and the same disappointments to future DAT takers will be felt. No1 can say what is the best, but I can tell you this: just study!! dont waste your time fretting over what's "best." If anyone tells you there is a 'best' way to study for it, they are lying anyways it will be anecdotal and nothing more.

Aww...I guess the muscle man isn't haven't a good day today. :p

I would say - START with Kaplan book for chem & ochem...and go from there. As for Biology, there are so many good sources (cliff notes, textbook, etc). I do agree with the above post that everybody is going to have different opnions on the "best materials". Have you taken any Genetic class yet? It def. helped me on my version of DAT. G'luck! :thumbup: