Studying for the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Impulse155

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im currently a Sophmore (going into my second semester) of college, and I had a few questions about the DAT. Figured this would be the best place to post.
First, When did you guys start studying for the DAT. I feel like I should start studying now for it? And second, I was looking into doing DAT Destroyer as well as a Kaplan/Princeton review type of course. Is this the best route to go?
And as for the DAT destroyer book, do they change every year, and if so when does the new copy come out. I dont want to order it now and for the new copy to come out in March hah.
Bryan

Members don't see this ad.

Your a sophomore, take it easy :)
Can't blame you for trying to get a head start though.
Why don't you just visit here for the answers to all your questions http://stu-dentdiaries.blogspot.com
No need re-writing it. Good luck.

Hey

You got a while...I took mine the summer between jr and senior year.. studied about a good 2 months and took the test in september right before my senior year started.

I used the kaplan book and DAT destroyer. Destroyer worked the best for me!! I bought the destroyer and when they update it, you can email/call Nancy (I think thats her name) and she will send you the new updated material!

Since you're a sophomore, you should wait it out another year or so. Take your upper division courses (biochem, molecular bio, genetics, etc etc) which will come in handy when preparing for the DAT... Also if your math is weak, try taking a algebra course or trig course just to refresh your memory..although not required because the math is really simple but jus to save you some time when you're studying for the DAT in the future...

If you have any other questions, let me know..

Sounds good, thanks alot guys. My mom is so bent on holy crap you MUST take the DAT in a year and you have to start studying. Just wanted to ask people who actually knew what they were talking about and been through it.

@D.D.S. you used both books and you would say that Destroyer definately helped you out more than Kaplan? Would you recommend me even getting Kaplan also?

Also Good Luck to all of you who took the DAT yesterday!

I just went through kaplan once to get a good review of all the subjects.. I do recommend getting the book and going over it just as a review. I went over destroyer like 5 times and learned the most from going over the problems/questions.. the good thing about destroyer are the explanations of why the answer is correct.. this is where you will learn the most..