RHONDAROBINSON

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
Status
Hello,

Has any of you all felt that with all the studying you are doing, you are not ready for the DAT? What is the best way to study math?

Rhonda

taptapgrind

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Right now i am reviewing the biology and a lot of the things I have forgotten already! By the time I am done with Orgo. I'll forget even more!:eek:

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
yeh the studying and forgetting is very common. Honestly, I couldn't even get any sleep the night before the test. I just layed in bed for 8 hours tossing and turning, never feel asleep cause in the back of my head I "knew" I wasn't prepared enough.

In my opinion, You study all your DAT material, you cover everything front to back 1-3 times. Once you do this for ALL the material, then your ready to take the exam.

As for the QR section, IMO the best study tool out there is math destroyer (not DAT destroyer), this book has 10 QR tests, total of 400 questions, if you master them, you should be in good shape for the test cause most of those problems are going to just reappear on the DAT with different numbers.

TexasOMFS

5+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2009
Status
Dental Student
I didn't study for the QR section but it's always good to practice it with CDM, Destroyer, etc. as these will contain question types that you could run across on the real thing.
If you want to actually study math topics that aren't too fresh in your head, Kaplan BB covers the majority of what you need to know, excluding esoteric concepts from statistics.

taptapgrind

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
So basically you just review and review and hope for the best? I just hate not knowing where I stand..

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
So basically you just review and review and hope for the best? I just hate not knowing where I stand..
Thats the feeling EVERYONE experiences just before the exam. There is no way for you to tell how you'll perform on the DAT UNTIL you take the test. I mean sure you can take a few practice tests here and there to see where you stand currently, but come test day, you can end up with a test version that has some of the strangest questions (aka WTF's).

The thing that helped me not go insane was the fact that I told myself "oh well, its my first try and I think I am prepared, if I don't do good, its not the end of the world, I'll just retake it"....If I didn't make myself belive that statment I think I woulda never had the guts to schedule it.

Sep 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello,

Has any of you all felt that with all the studying you are doing, you are not ready for the DAT? What is the best way to study math?

Rhonda

The best way to study anything is to do it.
Do as many math problems as you can. Word problems.

camr

5+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I am starting my studies May 4th. What do you think my routine should be if i want to be done by June 7th. I am taking the kaplan class, Cambell Bio book and have the DAT destoryer. What other things should I consider buying? I need to get a 19AA/19TS.