Studying in Dental School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biofilm preventer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
does every1 basically use slides to study in dental school? if so, do u own an ipad/surface? or just print out slides and write on them?

Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do most students get iPad or surface?
Do they print out slides and just write on them?
It's best to ask the students at the school you'll be attending. Some schools already include a computer/tablet in your tuition (like Western includes an iPad). Here are UCLA, we have a variety of iPads, Surfaces, PCs and Macs, and there are some people that do print the slides out and write their notes in. There's not one device for all - what are you comfortable with, how do you usually take notes, etc. I have a touchscreen PC which helps because I can type super fast, but I can also draw on my notes when needed. This brings up another point -- there might be programs that your school uses that may only work on one device and not another (my classmates that have a Mac can't open CBCT files for our projects, iPads don't have our "lockdown browser" program for online tests, etc). Ask the upperclassmen at the school you'll be attending.