Studying OAT and relearning material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

helpmeout382100

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its been a while since I've taken my core classes and my foundation for subjects like general chem feels quite weak. Basically feels like I will be learning this again for the first time. Taking OAT in about 6 months, would you guys recommend me focusing my time watching chads videos or AKlectures. I like them both but so far idk if aklectures if considered more thorough than I would need for the OAT?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was in the same place as you months before taking the OAT! While preparing for the OAT, I realized that remembering everything from university lectures is actually not very useful. Of course a certain level of knowledge is needed, but taking the OAT requires a specific form of learning and preparation. I found the Kaplan lectures+tests/quizzes and review tests/quizzes from DAT Bootcamp very useful. It helped me pace my timing and know what type of questions I could expect on my OAT.

During your remaining 6 months, I recommend watching the Chad videos as everyone else recommended and testing yourself with quizzes daily and a full-length test every week. Good luck!
 
I was in the same place as you months before taking the OAT! While preparing for the OAT, I realized that remembering everything from university lectures is actually not very useful. Of course a certain level of knowledge is needed, but taking the OAT requires a specific form of learning and preparation. I found the Kaplan lectures+tests/quizzes and review tests/quizzes from DAT Bootcamp very useful. It helped me pace my timing and know what type of questions I could expect on my OAT.

During your remaining 6 months, I recommend watching the Chad videos as everyone else recommended and testing yourself with quizzes daily and a full-length test every week. Good luck!


Thank you so much! Im freaking out, I feel like I have so much left to relearn and am afraid 6 months will not be enough lol D:
 
Try to research the strengths and weaknesses of each source you study from and supplement where your main source is deficient. Usually 1-2 sets of books will suffice