Studying Physics-1 and Physics-2 by yourself

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leavitt

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am preparing for Physics-1 and 2 all by myself. MIT and Univ of Michigan have video lectures but they are inappropriate for pre-med. Univ of Mich clearly says so and the MIT prof told me himself.

Do any other universities have video lectures viewable by anyone who is not a student?

Members don't see this ad.

I am preparing for Physics-1 and 2 all by myself. MIT and Univ of Michigan have video lectures but they are inappropriate for pre-med. Univ of Mich clearly says so and the MIT prof told me himself.

Do any other universities have video lectures viewable by anyone who is not a student?

Eh? You actually contacted the professors from MIT and UMich and asked them about it?

I don't know how Physics is in college, but looking through the Tipler book will give you a good foundation. But then again, it's an incredibly dense book and you might not have enough of time in the next month to go through it.

Try Khan Academy for slightly simpler videos. Also, I think the MIT lectures are within the scope of an undergraduate physics course.

Members don't see this ad :)
You mean the MIT series by Walter Lewin? It's just standard physics with some pretty basic calculus. Why is it "inappropriate"? I realize that astrophysics turns some people on, but still...

Do you have ipad? Ipod touch? Iphone?
Then you have accesw to iTunes U!!
There is hundred and hundreds of free videos/lectures/ semester long recordee courses from very high ranking universities like Berkely, Harvard, Columbia, state schools, community colleges, its actually pretty damn crazy the amount of material they have.

Ive actually been following UC Berkley chemistry lectures, they have full semester long recorded videos!!

If you have an iOS device, its absolutly free!

Just go to iTunes and click on "itunes u" on ipad.
For iphone/ipod touch you have to go to itunes then i think "more" then click on itunes u.

Goodluck!

I studied with MIT open courseware and made A's in both phys 1 and 2. It's a thing of beauty really.

I am told MIT OCW uses Calculus based Physics and confusing notations, so I am a little hesitant to use them. Can I watch iTunes University from just my PC (Windows not Mac)?