Studying the OAT with MCAT kaplan book? A question regarding Chads videos

Foodee123

Reaction score
I have the MCAT Kaplan book, i was going to study so that i can take the mcats but I later on decided to do optometry.

Do you think the MCAT Kaplan book can be a good study material for the OAT,? if yes what subjects within the MCAT prep book should I study for the OAT? Are the gen chem, orgo chem, physics in the MCAT similar to the OAT?

Also for Chad's courses, how does it work? Do I have to purchase each subject separately or?
What are some good materials to study the QR, that seems to be my weakest point so far.

I need to study material before I start doing any questions. I will be grateful if anyone can reccomend me good materials to study for content.

Sorry for the strange questions. I'm very new to all this and freaking out a bit.

Members don't see this ad.

Heres a thread I made a couple of months ago -- hope this helps. Let me know if you got any questions.

Heres a thread I made a couple of months ago -- hope this helps. Let me know if you got any questions.

Thanks so much! So basically, the QR lessons on course saver wasnt good enough? How long did it take for you to study for the test?

Thanks so much! So basically, the QR lessons on course saver wasnt good enough? How long did it take for you to study for the test?
The QR lessons on Coursesaver was good for understanding the basics but it didn't prepare me for the questions on the actual OAT. That being said, I do believe that the Coursesaver lessons -- along with QR practice questions that I found elsewhere (i.e. OAT Achiever, OAT Destroyer, etc.) -- helped me understand Orgomans/Nancy Steens Math videos MUCH quicker (I literally binge watched the entire series in 2 days the week before my OAT exam because having the basics made it so much easier to understand). If you don't have time to do both, just watch the Orgoman/Nancy Steen series and try to understand what goes on in each question (their questions were extremely similar to what you'll see on the OAT). I started studying May and wrote the OAT on Mid-August. But to be honest, I don't think you need that much time and you can easily study in 2.5 months and get a good score. Good luck!

The QR lessons on Coursesaver was good for understanding the basics but it didn't prepare me for the questions on the actual OAT. That being said, I do believe that the Coursesaver lessons -- along with QR practice questions that I found elsewhere (i.e. OAT Achiever, OAT Destroyer, etc.) -- helped me understand Orgomans/Nancy Steens Math videos MUCH quicker (I literally binge watched the entire series in 2 days the week before my OAT exam because having the basics made it so much easier to understand). If you don't have time to do both, just watch the Orgoman/Nancy Steen series and try to understand what goes on in each question (their questions were extremely similar to what you'll see on the OAT). I started studying May and wrote the OAT on Mid-August. But to be honest, I don't think you need that much time and you can easily study in 2.5 months and get a good score. Good luck!

Thanks sooo much man! Such a lifesaver!