studyorgo.com

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackcat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used studyorgo.com and have insight as to its value as a study resource? Or, are there any other websites people have used other than Kahn Academy that have been helpful for their success in O. Chem?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.masterorganicchemistry.com/blog/?_ga=1.103636480.1856069068.1439839295

Do not pay any money to learn organic chemistry. Your textbook should be everything you need.
This is incredibly false for a large number of students. A lot of the popular orgo textbooks are convoluted and don't teach students how to actually "solve problems."

Freelance Teacher, Chad's Videos, and Organic Chemistry as a 2nd Language are great resources. In my opinion, far better than any traditional textbook if you're a visual learner.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the less than helpful response Strudel!!

Ah man I'm an ass. Sorry about that. It was orgo as a second language - the guy above me mentioned it. It's good.

Although I do agree with the other guy that said you don't NEED anything else. But why the hell not - the extra problems will make you better.

This is incredibly false for a large number of students. A lot of the popular orgo textbooks are convoluted and don't teach students how to actually "solve problems."

Freelance Teacher, Chad's Videos, and Organic Chemistry as a 2nd Language are great resources. In my opinion, far better than any traditional textbook if you're a visual learner.

Far better maybe if you want to learn shortcuts which is the demise of most premeds in my view.

Learn the science. It will work out in the long run if you ask me.

EDIT: Like, this is the problem. We aren't here to "do problems". We are here to learn a science. That is the biggest issues I see with some premeds who are looking for the grade.

Last edited:
Khan Academy videos are always good if you have difficulty with basic concepts, need a refresher, etc.