Stuff NOT on the ob/gyn shelf?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThinkFast007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so quick q....

I'm looking through this AnL OB/GYn q book. The sections on embryology, anatomy, histology, and path are quite extensive. I'm really pressed for time. Are these sections just in there to give some 'background' knowledge or are they really HY for the shelf?

Thanks...

crunched for time.

Members don't see this ad.

don' worry about embryology, anatomy, or histology. path is minimal.

If it's the NBME shelf, just use Blueprints...it'll be all you need.

Willamette

Members don't see this ad :)
If really pressed for time you can get the basics of what you need in First Aid for USMLE Step 2. There is an OBGYN section in there in a concise 40 pages. It's the perfect alternative if you're pressed for time. Blueprints is not the way to go if you are short on time. I found Blueprints too long with too tiny font and too boring. I preferred to Beckmann as my reading source.

community said:
I found Blueprints too long with too tiny font and too boring. I preferred to Beckmann as my reading source.

You found Blueprints "too long," AND you preferred Beckmann? I guess I don't get it.

Willamette

Agreed. Blueprints is bare boned and easy to read in my opinion. if you're short on time at least read blueprints blue boxes....can do that in a couple of hours.

later

Willamette said:
You found Blueprints "too long," AND you preferred Beckmann? I guess I don't get it.

Willamette

Even though Beckmann is longer. The chapters tell a story and are engaging. This is why I preferred it. For someone short on time, I do not think Blueprints is something they can get through quickly.