Stupid Me Needs Advice. Forgot to register NRMP...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dracynos

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was trying to put a rank order list together, got onto ERAS, and was like...where can I do the list?

Then I got to NRMP, and found out that I needed to register and quickly did, on Jan 28th, weeks and months after some of my interviews.

So all this time, I was only registered with ERAS, but not NRMP.

What I want to know is...did I screw up big time? Were PDs not able to rank me all this time? Did they think they were interviewing someone who's not even registered with the Match? What does a PD see when they log onto NRMP? (not me, that's for sure) What can I do now to reverse the damage if there were any? Do you think that held back some PDs from giving me interview invites?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I feel just damn awful.

Members don't see this ad.

<<What I want to know is...did I screw up big time? Were PDs not able to rank me all this time? Did they think they were interviewing someone who's not even registered with the Match? What does a PD see when they log onto NRMP? (not me, that's for sure) What can I do now to reverse the damage if there were any? Do you think that held back some PDs from giving me interview invites?>>

hey i don't think it's that big of a deal. probably just cost you extra money to register late on NRMP. As long as you did it before the match ranking deadline, i think you'll be ok. i don't think this plays any part in the interview invites because those are from ERAS and NRMP is a completely separate ranking system for candidates/programs. this may not be correct, but i would say no worries if you already registered :) don't forget to certify :)