Stupid NBOME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NMH2001

Ferret Momma
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem with the NBOME:

About a month ago I paid for my COMLEX PE, and since then they apparently have raised the amount by 50 bucks. When I go to register a date, I cannot because it tells me I have not paid enough balance to register. Calling these *****s in Chicago has gotten nowhere-they claim they are "working on the problem...should be fixed soon". Meanwhile, the dates I need are slowly filling up.

Is it really no wonder why 50% of all DO's mainstream into the allopathic world? Everything from the poorly administered exams, to the lack of quality residency positions, and now down to the lack of competence of our licensing agency.

Had to vent...feeling better now! :D

Members don't see this ad.

NMH2001 said:
Has anyone else had this problem with the NBOME:

About a month ago I paid for my COMLEX PE, and since then they apparently have raised the amount by 50 bucks. When I go to register a date, I cannot because it tells me I have not paid enough balance to register. Calling these *****s in Chicago has gotten nowhere-they claim they are "working on the problem...should be fixed soon". Meanwhile, the dates I need are slowly filling up.

Is it really no wonder why 50% of all DO's mainstream into the allopathic world? Everything from the poorly administered exams, to the lack of quality residency positions, and now down to the lack of competence of our licensing agency.

Had to vent...feeling better now! :D

Had the same price differences for the CK and PE, but since I scheduled immediately after I paid, I was allowed to do it. I wonder if they'll catch the mistake and screw me later?

I just found out I have the same problem. Have you been able to schedule an exam yet?

I paid for three practice step 2 exam books for Comlex, and they sent me three books with the same questions...I guess I assumed that they would send me three books of 3 different tests...embarassing really--but not as embarassing as the fact that I don't know how to spell embarassing.
i feel your pain;

DocGeorge7 said:
I just found out I have the same problem. Have you been able to schedule an exam yet?

Yes, I was able to schedule. What you have to do is call NBOME and pay the difference. Then they will allow you to schedule.