Stupid Random Questions!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

qingywingy

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I AM STRESSED AND FREAKING OUT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

So i'm doing the cliffs practice tests, and im seeing ALOT of random shizz that I have no idea about.

e.g
When the nuclear power plant in Chernobyl, Russia, melted down, radioactive strontium was released into the environment. Which body organ is most likely to accumulate strontium?
A. Liver
B. Heart
C. Spleen
D. Bone

Explanation: D. Lookint at the periodic chart, we see that strontium is in the same family as calcium, which is well known to build strong bones. The chemical and physical properties of these elements are so similar that the body cannot distimguish between them, thus incorproating the strontium into the structure of the bones.

okay, so I guess the MAIN point is that elements from the same family has very similar characteristics.

But how would I have gotten that question w/o a periodic table. help...
😕 😱 :scared: :scared: :scared:

Am i going to fail or are questions are these not likely to show up on the test. I don't even know how to study for the content of this question.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Neeeeeed your inputtt pleaaaaase.

- freaked/stressed/frustrated/ first time pcat taker.
 
I AM STRESSED AND FREAKING OUT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

So i'm doing the cliffs practice tests, and im seeing ALOT of random shizz that I have no idea about.

e.g
When the nuclear power plant in Chernobyl, Russia, melted down, radioactive strontium was released into the environment. Which body organ is most likely to accumulate strontium?
A. Liver
B. Heart
C. Spleen
D. Bone

Explanation: D. Lookint at the periodic chart, we see that strontium is in the same family as calcium, which is well known to build strong bones. The chemical and physical properties of these elements are so similar that the body cannot distimguish between them, thus incorproating the strontium into the structure of the bones.

okay, so I guess the MAIN point is that elements from the same family has very similar characteristics.

But how would I have gotten that question w/o a periodic table. help...
😕 😱 :scared: :scared: :scared:

Am i going to fail or are questions are these not likely to show up on the test. I don't even know how to study for the content of this question.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Neeeeeed your inputtt pleaaaaase.

- freaked/stressed/frustrated/ first time pcat taker.
wat i thought it would be the liver, since the liver has the function of Detoxification. I dont think you need to know that. Cliffs Practice exams go into so much details
 
I AM STRESSED AND FREAKING OUT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

So i'm doing the cliffs practice tests, and im seeing ALOT of random shizz that I have no idea about.

e.g
When the nuclear power plant in Chernobyl, Russia, melted down, radioactive strontium was released into the environment. Which body organ is most likely to accumulate strontium?
A. Liver
B. Heart
C. Spleen
D. Bone

Explanation: D. Lookint at the periodic chart, we see that strontium is in the same family as calcium, which is well known to build strong bones. The chemical and physical properties of these elements are so similar that the body cannot distimguish between them, thus incorproating the strontium into the structure of the bones.

okay, so I guess the MAIN point is that elements from the same family has very similar characteristics.

But how would I have gotten that question w/o a periodic table. help...
😕 😱 :scared: :scared: :scared:

Am i going to fail or are questions are these not likely to show up on the test. I don't even know how to study for the content of this question.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Neeeeeed your inputtt pleaaaaase.

- freaked/stressed/frustrated/ first time pcat taker.

Good ol' wikipedia....."Strontium has biochemical behavior similar to calcium. After entering the organism, most often by ingestion with contaminated food or water, about 70-80% of the dose gets excreted. Virtually all remaining strontium is deposited in bones and bone marrow, with the remaining 1% remaining in blood and soft tissues. Its presence in bones can cause bone cancer, cancer of nearby tissues, and leukemia."


Oh yeah, don't worry too much about those kind of questions....it seems to me you have very good analytical skills to come up with the answer to them.