Stupid/Silly things I read in residency applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
north2southOMFS said:
What is a joke irl?
I'm wanting to know the same thing...I didn't understand much from that post...

Members don't see this ad.

1FutureDDS said:
you are seriously a joke irl.

you are seriously a joke, earl??

Members don't see this ad :)
toofache32 said:
It's a big building with lots of patients, but that's not important right now.
WTF? I don't get this or the joke irl. Also, though I do own many people, I do not remember owning you 1FutureDDS. What does your title mean?

What the hell is going on here?

toofache32 said:
It's an "Airplane"

Oh it's a big, pretty, white plane, with curtains in the windows and wheels. It looks like a big tylenol.....

... but that's not important right now.

What is going on here you ask?

My post clearly explained that you are indeed a joke "in real life" = a 135 pound joker who talks big game ON THE BIG OL INTERWEB THINGY DOTCLICKCLICK, and wasting your time editing a google search was a "homo" thing to do?

You tell me how in the F did you not understand what I said?

1FutureDDS said:
"in real life" = a 135 pound joker who talks big game ON THE BIG OL INTERWEB THINGY DOTCLICKCLICK, ........

Why does the quote "in real life" equal a 135 pound joker?

Why not like a 140 pound joker. Or maybe a 160 pound loser? Or 120 pound winner for that matter?

You really need to clarify your posts. Your very confusing. There is this tv informercial called "GRE,... 123!" Heard it works great for getting your knowledge up to par for the equivalency exam. It could be for you!

You really need to clarify your posts, YOU'RE very confusing.

Learn to write.

Anyways, im sure a million children just like you have posted the GRE commercial bit all over the internet in an attempt to "flame" someone. Did you giggle to yourself when you posted that? Did you feel like you were the winner, or like a hardcore comedian?

That is also an excellent observation you had! For the sake of your high level of humor and ability to "win", I will let you substitute any number you wish into my statement.

1FutureDDS said:
What is going on here you ask?

My post clearly explained that you are indeed a joke "in real life" = a 135 pound joker who talks big game ON THE BIG OL INTERWEB THINGY DOTCLICKCLICK, and wasting your time editing a google search was a "homo" thing to do?

You tell me how in the F did you not understand what I said?
It's interesting that you're talking smack while criticizing someone else for doing something that you don't understand at all. I do feel bad for you that you were picked on all through high school and now have a need to lash out at every opportunity from the safe confines of your dorm room. If you spend a little time around here before opening your mouth, you'll notice that everything that was posted was between a bunch of people who know each other. Get a grip, and stay off the threads until you have something intelligent to say, or at the very least, something funny.

You're correct; I didn’t spend time learning what exactly happened. I saw something negative posted towards you in what was supposed to be a "learning" thread. I'm sure it was comical to you and everyone involved, but from the outside, I saw a directly negative post at you which I wasn’t expecting when I came here to learn something new about OMFS.

I would love to stay off the threads until I have something intelligent to say, if the threads aren't derailed by this type of material. You give me something intelligent to learn other than jock-straps and I will gladly have an intelligent conversation with you.

1FutureDDS said:
Learn to write.

Why learn to write? Why don't you think i can write very well. Apparently i type just fine. Doesn't that mean i should write well also? I have bad penmanship but that doesn't mean i can't write very well. Right?

Are you a periodontist? ;)

1FutureDDS said:
You're correct; I didn’t spend time learning what exactly happened. I saw something negative posted towards you in what was supposed to be a "learning" thread. I'm sure it was comical to you and everyone involved, but from the outside, I saw a directly negative post at you which I wasn’t expecting when I came here to learn something new about OMFS.

I would love to stay off the threads until I have something intelligent to say, if the threads aren't derailed by this type of material. You give me something intelligent to learn other than jock-straps and I will gladly have an intelligent conversation with you.
I think CardsFan has a new admirer :love: :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
TiggerJSA said:
I think CardsFan has a new admirer :love: :love:
I like long walks on the beach, staring into each others eyes for hours on end, reciting poetry, and exchanging codpieces. If you feel the same, PM me. :laugh:

1FutureDDS said:
You're correct; I didn’t spend time learning what exactly happened. I saw something negative posted towards you in what was supposed to be a "learning" thread.
TX is one of my upper levels. We screw with each other all the time on here. When I make fun of him in person, he starts crying, and then I have to feel bad for the next couple hours. On here, I don't have to see any tears. Except, of course, reading yours...

OMFSCardsFan said:
TX is one of my upper levels. We screw with each other all the time on here. When I make fun of him in person, he starts crying, and then I have to feel bad for the next couple hours. On here, I don't have to see any tears. Except, of course, reading yours...

I love posts like this...they show me there's at least something enjoyable about OMFS. :laugh:

I've never posted on the internet, but I heard about this website and I have a single question that it seems like everyone has different answers for. If I rank schools according to where I want to go, and the schools at the top of my list don't rank me very high then I could potentially not match. I understand that I keep my 1st choice till they fill their spots, but if a school ranks me at the top and I put them let's say like 4th. They could fill their two spots with applicants that ranked them higher then I did right? And then I could be stuck somewhere much lower on my list?......not sure if that made sense? :rolleyes:

jstars11 said:
I've never posted on the internet, but I heard about this website and I have a single question that it seems like everyone has different answers for. If I rank schools according to where I want to go, and the schools at the top of my list don't rank me very high then I could potentially not match. I understand that I keep my 1st choice till they fill their spots, but if a school ranks me at the top and I put them let's say like 4th. They could fill their two spots with applicants that ranked them higher then I did right? And then I could be stuck somewhere much lower on my list?......not sure if that made sense? :rolleyes:

As long as you are higher on the program's list than those other applicants you mentioned, you get the spot. You don't need to rank them higher just to "ensure" a spot as you then might risk not getting into a program you really like more. That's precisely why you should rank honestly. Even if only your last choice has you on their list (say within their top 4 if they accept 4 in a class), you are guaranteed to match at least there.

jpollei said:
As long as you are higher on the program's list than those other applicants you mentioned, you get the spot. You don't need to rank them higher just to "ensure" a spot as you then might risk not getting into a program you really like more. That's precisely why you should rank honestly. Even if only your last choice has you on their list (say within their top 4 if they accept 4 in a class), you are guaranteed to match at least there.
Thanks for the advice....that's exactly what I was wondering. See, I'm going on 9 interviews, but so far I'm only ranking 2 out of the 5 I've been on. And one of those 2 I don't think I have a shot in hell at getting in to so I needed to know exactly how to play the odds

1FutureDDS said:
My post clearly explained that you are indeed a joke "in real life" ...You tell me how in the F did you not understand what I said?
I guess we're idiots since we didn't know that "irl" doesn't refer to auto racing. I guess we R not up on the teenie-bopper chat lingo. U R the smart 1 here.

1FutureDDS said:

Still ... what does the "He's owned by TX OMFS" mean under your avatar?

Some dude got pimpslapped once by TX and the dudes avatar said "I'm owned by TX OMFS". I followed suit as the guy in defense was out of his mind.

jpollei said:
Let's say, for example, that you feel really strongly that Program A is going to rank you highly, but you're not totally sold on them. Program B doesn't give you the same warm, fuzzy feeling, but you really liked the program. Let's say Program A ranks you #1, and Program B ranks you #8. If you rank Program A #1, you go to program A. If you rank Program B #1, one of two things can happen. Either B fills their spots with their 1-7 ranks (in which case you match Program A) or they don't match until you. Then, you go to B, which you liked better to begin with. You should ALWAYS rank on your preference, NOT by who you think is going to rank you better. Now, if there were 8 programs that you liked better than A, and you knew A was going to rank you well, you are still better off ranking the others ahead of A. The only time you wouldn't match at A would be if you matched somewhere that you liked better. Hope that helps.

OMFSCardsFan said:
Let's say, for example, that you feel really strongly that Program A is going to rank you highly, but you're not totally sold on them. Program B doesn't give you the same warm, fuzzy feeling, but you really liked the program. Let's say Program A ranks you #1, and Program B ranks you #8. If you rank Program A #1, you go to program A. If you rank Program B #1, one of two things can happen. Either B fills their spots with their 1-7 ranks (in which case you match Program A) or they don't match until you. Then, you go to B, which you liked better to begin with. You should ALWAYS rank on your preference, NOT by who you think is going to rank you better. Now, if there were 8 programs that you liked better than A, and you knew A was going to rank you well, you are still better off ranking the others ahead of A. The only time you wouldn't match at A would be if you matched somewhere that you liked better. Hope that helps.

So were you A: High or B: Drunk when you wrote this drivel, or would you rank your state of mental awareness as 1: buzzing 2: hungover 3: tired from all the thirds you extracted today 4: you're just a *****

Periogod said:
So were you A: High or B: Drunk when you wrote this drivel, or would you rank your state of mental awareness as 1: buzzing 2: hungover 3: tired from all the thirds you extracted today 4: you're just a *****

Now this just doesn't make sense. Periogod - three quick questions:
Do you understand the match?
Why are you so hostile?
Do you know what a troll is?

TradeSosa said:
Now this just doesn't make sense. Periogod - three quick questions:
Do you understand the match?
Why are you so hostile?
Do you know what a troll is?
I think he's just busting his buddy's chops for fun. They were "friends" in dental school and used to be pretty "hot 'n heavy" I heard.

toofache32 said:
I think he's just busting his buddy's chops for fun. They were "friends" in dental school and used to be pretty "hot 'n heavy" I heard.

my bad

Periogod, your avatar made me laugh my ass off. I like that. Hands gifted from god?

OMFSCardsFan said:

Is that accurate? That's like saying if you rank 8 programs...and you don't match at your 1-7 but you will without a doubt rank at your number 8 if they had you number 1? That seems to be what you said...which basically means if you are ranked 1 by any program you will at worst match there with certainty. That can't be right?

DcS said:
Is that accurate? That's like saying if you rank 8 programs...and you don't match at your 1-7 but you will without a doubt rank at your number 8 if they had you number 1? That seems to be what you said...which basically means if you are ranked 1 by any program you will at worst match there with certainty. That can't be right?

It's actually exactly right...and was summarized very well, too.

DcS said:
That's exactly right. There's a similar explanation of the algorithm on the match website. Anyone who ranks programs based on which ones "liked them" are idiots....and likewise, the programs aren't ranking applicants based on who they think are going to rank them high.

DcS said:
That's exactly right...

toofache32 said:
They were "friends" in dental school and used to be pretty "hot 'n heavy" I heard.
We were hot 'n heavy, until he caught me cheating with his wife...things went downhill from there. Now, he gets cranky from having "periotome wrist". It's a tough thing to treat, but usually a cowhorn will solve the problem.

drhobie7 said:
read anymore stupid things?

How about this common phrase "I am a real hard worker." I say how about 354 hours a month. I just smile to myself thinking, let me work you a week and you won't know if gravity is pulling up or down on you. How about working hard after not sleeping for 48 hours with me screaming in your ear because you don't open up that cricothyrotomy kit fast enough.... "I like to work really hard".... good, I'll remember that when your dragging your hind end down the hallway feeling like 50 lb weights are hanging on your superior tarsus. I didn't write that in my statement because I figured they didn't care, they would make me like working that hard.

esclavo said:
How about this common phrase "I am a real hard worker." I say how about 354 hours a month. I just smile to myself thinking, let me work you a week and you won't know if gravity is pulling up or down on you. How about working hard after not sleeping for 48 hours with me screaming in your ear because you don't open up that cricothyrotomy kit fast enough.... "I like to work really hard".... good, I'll remember that when your dragging your hind end down the hallway feeling like 50 lb weights are hanging on your superior tarsus. I didn't write that in my statement because I figured they didn't care, they would make me like working that hard.
I once read an application that had the word "matriculate" in there. What kind of toolbox uses that word? Oh, wait, that was me :oops: . Sorry CardsFan :D :D

how about, " although i haven't been in any operations, i've seen alot on youtube."