Subject Requirements sa Phil Med schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

pokster

Hi sa lahat dito sa SDN!dami kong natutunan!

may tanong lang ako, mag-aapply pa lang kasi ako sa med, ibig sabihin undergrad ako..kaya lang, sabi ng adviser ko, may mga kelangan daw na subject at required number of units para sa ibang med school. so naghanap ako sa net. Sa UST lang nakita ko e.

A. Biology-15 units
B. Chemistry-10 units
C. Mathematics-9 units
D. Physics-5 units
E. Social Sciences-12 units

eto yun. e pano sa PGH?o sa La Salle?UERM?PLM?FEU?at sa iba pa..

patulong naman, please!baka di ko alam na kelangan pala ng ganung subject, ma-delay pa kami.

kelangan ba ng 6 units ng filipino sa kahit anong med school?

Salamat!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

may tanong lang ako, mag-aapply pa lang kasi ako sa med, ibig sabihin undergrad ako..kaya lang, sabi ng adviser ko, may mga kelangan daw na subject at required number of units para sa ibang med school. so naghanap ako sa net. Sa UST lang nakita ko e.

A. Biology-15 units
B. Chemistry-10 units
C. Mathematics-9 units
D. Physics-5 units

patulong naman, please!baka di ko alam na kelangan pala ng ganung subject, ma-delay pa kami.

ang alam ko po pareho lang din ng requirements sa units silang lahat

aaah ganun ba??

sige salamat!

may rumor kasi samin na kelangan daw ng 6 units ng filipino e...ibig sabihin, di ko na kelangan ng Fil21??
yahoo!!!
haha..
:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
If you plan on tryign to fill requirements as an undergrad. Please check Atteno Med. They have requirements similar to states with organo chemistry include. Not sure. But their requirement list is harder for classes compared to UST or the ones you posted. Sorry i don't have the complete list. i'll try to ask one of my friends who are applying to med this year.

A. Biology-15 units
B. Chemistry-10 units
C. Mathematics-9 units
D. Physics-5 units

i think all medical schools follow those requirements kasi yan ang binigay ng CHEd.

Advice: pakita mo transcript of records (pre-med) mo sa school na a-apply-an mo for assessment kung may kulang ka pa na mga units. sasabihin naman nila agad kung may kulang ka pa o tama na.

i think all medical schools follow those requirements kasi yan ang binigay ng CHEd.QUOTE]

All medical schools DO NOT follow those requirements.

CHED only requires two things; that schools accept applicants with an undergraduate degree and that they take the NMAT.

CHED doesn't check that these requirements are followed. There is little enforcement. Schools are free to fudge paperwork anyway they want.

The ONLY reasonable advice remains the same. Only your prospective school can tell you what they require from you. There are many schools and they do things their own way. Contact with your prospctive schools is essential.

i think all medical schools follow those requirements kasi yan ang binigay ng CHEd.QUOTE]

All medical schools DO NOT follow those requirements.

CHED only requires two things; that schools accept applicants with an undergraduate degree and that they take the NMAT.

CHED doesn't check that these requirements are followed. There is little enforcement. Schools are free to fudge paperwork anyway they want.

The ONLY reasonable advice remains the same. Only your prospective school can tell you what they require from you. There are many schools and they do things their own way. Contact with your prospctive schools is essential.

ur nmat wud be ur proof that uv gained enough units for you to continue to med schools..other schools have their own qualification though, but in terms of units taken, i think its quite the same..

not all med schools are under CHED. UP-PGH isn't.

i think what you need for UP is a high NMAT score and a degree.

i asked the person in charge for admissions at ust-fms' dean's office about the subject requirements, sabi niya okey lang kahit kulang yung required units.

It all depends on the school's admissions committee. I know some med students with non-traditional pre-med degrees (AB Political Science, BS Accounting, etc...) but were not required anymore to have supplemental courses in science. I also know some med students who were required to take supplemental subjects in science because of their non-BS degrees. There were even some who are graduates of science courses already but still they were required to take supplemental courses namely Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy, Organic Chemistry, (even Botany) because they didn't have these subjects in their pre-med.

ah...ok salamat sa ma reply!
target ko talaga sana sa UP PGH e...dun kasi talagang mura, sana makapasa ako.
e sa ateneo kaya???

Hello,

Could someone be so kindly as to direct me to a college or university in the Manila location that would be willing to admit me to take a few courses before applying to med school.

I am a US foreigner and I will have a BS degree in Psychology come March 2010. I am finishing my degree online while abroad in Thailand, but the degree doesn't require sciences with labs. I only have one physical science (environmental science) without a lab. I also need more advanced math than what is offered and of course chemistry.

I'd like to be able to pay for individual classes I want to take.

Hope someone can guide me to a college or university somewhere around manila to about sta. rosa, laguna area.

Thanks!

Jeff

Hello,

Could someone be so kindly as to direct me to a college or university in the Manila location that would be willing to admit me to take a few courses before applying to med school.

I am a US foreigner and I will have a BS degree in Psychology come March 2010. I am finishing my degree online while abroad in Thailand, but the degree doesn't require sciences with labs. I only have one physical science (environmental science) without a lab. I also need more advanced math than what is offered and of course chemistry.

I'd like to be able to pay for individual classes I want to take.

Hope someone can guide me to a college or university somewhere around manila to about sta. rosa, laguna area.

Thanks!

Jeff
As they said most med schools in the Philippines are no longer strict with science and math prerequisites. A Bachelor's degree and NMAT is enough to get admitted to many med schools there.

hey der i am thinkin of starting in UERM but to enter u need a B.S or B.A, do u think havin a online degree B.S in Psychology counts???
or is it a must for u to finsh on-campus?

hey der i am thinkin of starting in UERM but to enter u need a B.S or B.A, do u think havin a online degree B.S in Psychology counts???

You didn't provide enough information for us to give a reliable answer.

Does your online college actually have a campus, or does it only exist in a computer server? What's the name of the college? Is it a real college that offers online pathways? Or does it advertise on late-night TV and inserts in magazines in Sunday newspapers?

What does it say on your transcripts or diploma? Does it say "Psych Grad from Respectable State U" without any reference to your online work? Or does it say "Grad of Online Scam U".

At this point, only you know if you have a genuine degree. There's a good chance UERM won't even bother to find out. At which point you have to decide if your "online" degree gave you a solid basis to enable you to get thru a Filipino medical school. Otherwise your tuition payments will be wasted.

You could always google for an online medical school.

Santa Loose, couldn't hurt to try right? Phoenix Online i think is an respectable online school. Just make sure it is a B.S. or B.A.

People think it's a shortcut or easier to graduate from an online school. From what I observe many students from these online school (the legitimate ones) don't even graduate. It's just convenient if you are working but you still have to put a lot of effort to finish their requirements and they are expensive. I know the most popular one in Canada (Athabasca university online) have a more reasonable fee structure.

Hello,

To clear a few things ...

They do have a campus. University of Phoenix. I was attending it in Arizona before I moved to Thailand to be with my partner. I switched to their online program so that I could finish my degree abroad. We are planning to move to the Philippines in about a year and this is why I asked the question. The degree itself will say "University of Phoenix" and has no distinction on the degree that part of the program was done online. Yes, it is a B.S. in Pyschology.

Hello,

They do have a campus. University of Phoenix. I was attending it in Arizona before I moved to Thailand to be with my partner. I switched to their online program so that I could finish my degree abroad. We are planning to move to the Philippines in about a year and this is why I asked the question. The degree itself will say "University of Phoenix" and has no distinction on the degree that part of the program was done online. Yes, it is a B.S. in Pyschology.

Hahahaha.......awesome. No judgement man!!! There's room for all sorts here.

As I stated earlier, I don't think UERM will even bother to give it a second look. And if they do, just head to the admissions office at a different school. It won't take you long to find a school that doesn't care.

Hello,

Most med schools there won't care as long as you have a Bacheor's degree and NMAT.