Submit AACOMAS/apply DO right now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supersaiyanvegeta

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's probably too late for DO now. And You should have completed your MD applications earlier, like June-July (early August at the latest). That's why you failed to get IIs. Apply first thing next cycle, as soon as application opens in June, start your app for MD and DO (as a reapplicant to MD schools you probably need to apply to some DO schools) in May and submit June 1st. Good luck next cycle.

For MD use the MSAR and look for schools for which your MCAT and GPA falls within at least their 10th percentile.
For DO, with your stats I would avoid the new schools (except maybe CUSOM), your target DO schools should be: PCOM-PA, DMU, WesternU, KCU, MUCOM, LECOM, RVU-CO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I would have to agree that it’s a little late to now start a primary application even with your stats. You would likely end up on a waitlist if you were able to get an interview in time.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You missed that train months ago. Unless you’re an astronomically good applicant - we’re talking 520s and stellar app - then it’s probably too late.

Just wait for next year.

Look dude, my pre-med advisor who has been advising students for 40+ years and has connections with allo and osteopathic admissions committees across the country personally told me to apply a few weeks ago (503 MCAT, 3.4 GPA, URM + tons of hours in volunteer work and com service and really good recommendations from physicians and professors) through AACOMAS. Any other year, yes, conventional wisdom would dictate this would definitely be way too late. Ideally we would have applied by July regardless. But admissions committees are so backed up and behind this year because of the pandemic, that if you are a reasonably competitive I think it's worth the shot if you can spare a few hundred bucks to apply to some of the lower tier DO schools. But you gotta do it right. now. Make sure to explain why you are applying so late.

Look dude, my pre-med advisor who has been advising students for 40+ years and has connections with allo and osteopathic admissions committees across the country personally told me to apply a few weeks ago (503 MCAT, 3.4 GPA, URM + tons of hours in volunteer work and com service and really good recommendations from physicians and professors) through AACOMAS. Any other year, yes, conventional wisdom would dictate this would definitely be way too late. Ideally we would have applied by July regardless. But admissions committees are so backed up and behind this year because of the pandemic, that if you are a reasonably competitive I think it's worth the shot if you can spare a few hundred bucks to apply to some of the lower tier DO schools. But you gotta do it right. now. Make sure to explain why you are applying so late.
Actually with everything online, it's been easier for admissions to conduct interviews. My school is not backed up at all, they've been interviewing a lot more than usual.

Actually with everything online, it's been easier for admissions to conduct interviews. My school is not backed up at all, they've been interviewing a lot more than usual.
Which school if you don't mind me asking?

Ditto.

We are not backed up and our final interviews of the 2020-2021 season for EY 2021 will be completed late this month.

We are TMDSAS, so we needed to be finished by Match Day, but point being that we certainly are not delayed and have not had an issue with scheduling or receiving applicants this cycle. Every day has been 20 applicants twice per week since August.

Reactions: 1 user