Submit AMCAS then Add schools later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xylem29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, for August MCATers who want to be cautious and not apply to too many schools without knowing their MCAT scores, can we submit the AMCAS primary and then add some more schools (or not) afterwards once we are certain about our scores? I originally had $430 worth of schools but decided to cut it down to $280 since my MCAT might not be too good and I dont' want to waste $$.

Members don't see this ad.

yes, you can add schools after submission. i did it when i'd realized that i shouldnt have applied to some of the schools that I did, and wanted to "replace" them with more realistic ones. Just log in to your app and add more schools the way you did initially.

xylem29 said:
Hey, for August MCATers who want to be cautious and not apply to too many schools without knowing their MCAT scores, can we submit the AMCAS primary and then add some more schools (or not) afterwards once we are certain about our scores? I originally had $430 worth of schools but decided to cut it down to $280 since my MCAT might not be too good and I dont' want to waste $$.
Yes, you can add schools...just keep in mind that the scores will probably come out at the earliest a few days before most schools' October 15 deadline. So make sure that you decide on which schools you're adding AS SOON as you get your scores, and submit those immediately. :luck:

scentimint said:
Yes, you can add schools...just keep in mind that the scores will probably come out at the earliest a few days before most schools' October 15 deadline. So make sure that you decide on which schools you're adding AS SOON as you get your scores, and submit those immediately. :luck:

awesome, thnx.