Submit Application early(?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dregaus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I have been scanning the ptcas 5million page pdf and wanted to ask *just in case* if it is ok to submit the ptcas application before the letters of recommendation, transcripts etc are received.

I've been holding off because there is a problem in the system where it will not allow you to enter same email for a LOR if you have used that email already to request verification of hours. I got feedback that this is a known issue and they're working to fix it. Meanwhile I'm sitting here with anxiety, clock is ticking, should I just submit it and then fill out that info when they fix it? I've read several places that I can submit early before GRE scores and transcripts arrive, but just wanted to double check on this one and not waste a ton of money to get rejected for incomplete application.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok I have been scanning the ptcas 5million page pdf and wanted to ask *just in case* if it is ok to submit the ptcas application before the letters of recommendation, transcripts etc are received.

I've been holding off because there is a problem in the system where it will not allow you to enter same email for a LOR if you have used that email already to request verification of hours. I got feedback that this is a known issue and they're working to fix it. Meanwhile I'm sitting here with anxiety, clock is ticking, should I just submit it and then fill out that info when they fix it? I've read several places that I can submit early before GRE scores and transcripts arrive, but just wanted to double check on this one and not waste a ton of money to get rejected for incomplete application.

According to PTCAS you can submit your application when all your transcripts have been received and when you have fully paid. But I would try to call them and ask when they are going to clear up the issue with the LOR/observeration hours before you submit.

Reactions: 1 user

As far as I know it says everywhere on their instructions to submit asap. Transcripts take the longest and you don't need to wait for them to receive the transcripts to submit. If you have done your part-than submit!

Reactions: 1 user
YES! All that stuff will catch up with the application. Do your part and submit. The verification process can take up to 3-ish weeks to complete and programs want to get reviewing your applications soon. If you wait several weeks for the transcripts to arrive, GRE scores to arrive and all that, and THEN you submit, then you add more weeks of verification time (and program review time) to your application. Don't do that, follow this guidance, submit ASAP, and let that other stuff catch up to your app.