Submit application & Retake the DAT in mid-October?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archonsbk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, thank you all for the responses in my earlier thread.
Here is my another question.
I am going to retake the DAT (but 90 days after I just took, July 14th) in Mid October.
My application is basically complete and I am wondering whether I need to submit my application now and indicate in my application that I am going to retake the DAT. Would that make my application too late?
I talked to a couple schools and they said that my application will be on hold and review more once the new DAT score is sent.
My concern is that some schools would reject my application because it is too late at that point.

What do you all think?
FYI: My DAT is AA 19, (Reading 17, Math 27), TS 17 (Bio 15, O chem 16, G Chem 21), and PAT 21.
My GPA is 3.1 undergrad (3.6 in the last 2 yrs) and 3.98 in first year of Master of Public Health
I think I have a great personal statement/Letters of Recommendations/Extracurriculuar activities.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely retake, those 15 and 16 will screw you. And you don't have high gpa. You have to kill the DAT! Indicate that you are retaking, after retake you may have a chance. But without retake, I don't think you can get it with those stats

Submit appl now, when schools see your new score, they reconsider

Members don't see this ad :)
Submit appl now, when schools see your new score, they reconsider

So, if they like my other parts of application, they will send me the interview, but if they want to see a higher DAT score, they will hold onto my application then?
Will mid-October too late at that point or not??

I appreciate your input!!

Honestly, I think they will not grant you an interview with 15 and 16 in science that you have. call your schools and find out who will place a hold on your application until new scores arrive/or submit your application now at least to one school to get your appl complete by aadsas(it took 3 weeks for mine) and then add the schools after DAT. At least you will have some chance in this case to get post-dec interview.I think I would submit only to one school and then see where I stand after retake, just to be safe because of money.

Honestly, I think they will not grant you an interview with 15 and 16 in science that you have. call your schools and find out who will place a hold on your application until new scores arrive/or submit your application now at least to one school to get your appl complete by aadsas(it took 3 weeks for mine) and then add the schools after DAT. At least you will have some chance in this case to get post-dec interview.I think I would submit only to one school and then see where I stand after retake, just to be safe because of money.

Yeah I've been calling schools to find out what schools will put a hold on my application.