submit application without DATs and LORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yrl

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
can i submit my application in early June without my DATs (taking mid-July) and LORs (my professors will have them done by end of July), and just send these two things along their way when they're done?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you can. But most schools do not look at your application until they have received everything.

^ But that would defeat the purpose of applying Early. What's the point of applying early if they're gonna wait and wait and wait weeks later for you to get your things together? How is that even considered early?

Members don't see this ad :)
ok i can definitely get all my recommendations done by june. but i heard you can put on the application a date that you plan on taking the DAT and submit it. or does that not make a difference either

Yes you can put a date instead of your DAT scores.
Still, MOST schools (not all) do not look at your application until they have your DAT.
I think it is a huge disadvantage that you don't have your DAT at the time that you are applying. You should take it before applying.

AADSAS will take 4-6 weeks to process your application. You DAT scores will be sent within 2 weeks of taking the DAT. Theoretically you could take it early July and everything will arrive together.

I submitted everything in June excluding DAT, took the DAT at the end of September (very late), app was complete at every school by the end of November.

I plan on submitting June 3rd, mail in the transcripts days later, and take the DAT on August 5th ish. Will this be considered early?

I plan on submitting June 3rd, mail in the transcripts days later, and take the DAT on August 5th ish. Will this be considered early?

Last year, I submitted my app in the middle of June and took my DAT July 29. I was still considered early, but people who submitted their apps a little bit after me, but already had DAT scores in got interviews before me. So basically, your app submission date will be your DAT date. I think Aug 5 is the end of what is considered "early"

QUESTION!

what if I already have a DAT score and everything else ready but plan on a re-take for DAT (july 26th)? This means that my official report will not be sent to schools, but the scores on the "DAT score report" on AADSAS (this is unofficial i'm guessing) will be there. I just don't want to send scores twice which will cost me twice the amount.. I know that AADSAS 2011 has changed so that AADSAS sends out the official DAT scores, but I'm sure they will charge you $25 per school.

my first DAT score is 19AA/20TS/21PAT (lowerst is QR = 17), I just want to aim for 20+AA. I only have a 3.34 over-all gpa..

Last year, I submitted my app in the middle of June and took my DAT July 29. I was still considered early, but people who submitted their apps a little bit after me, but already had DAT scores in got interviews before me. So basically, your app submission date will be your DAT date. I think Aug 5 is the end of what is considered "early"

Ah this makes sense. I just don't wanna submit June 3rd, take DAT in August, and be LATE!