Submit Application without LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyeballgirl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am finished with my OptomCas application and am ready to submit; however, I am still waiting on one letter of recommendation still. Can I still submit? I am nervous that my account gets locked and the LOR cannot be updated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you have added the evaluator in your application you can submit your application.

Reactions: 1 user
It depends on how reliable your evaluator is. If you’re very confident that they will complete it in a timely manner, go for it. If not, you might need to wait in case they don’t do it and need someone else to do it.

Right now, my optometrist is dragging his feet with it, and I’ve already submitted. I should’ve waited so I could remove him myself and have someone else write it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I am finished with my OptomCas application and am ready to submit; however, I am still waiting on one letter of recommendation still. Can I still submit? I am nervous that my account gets locked and the LOR cannot be updated. Thanks!

Hi,

I also had the same problem. You can go ahead and submit it because as long as you have requested it from the person. It will update your application as soon as the LOR comes in