1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Submit Old PCAT Score?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by GATTACA CTAATGT, Jun 5, 2008.

1. GATTACA CTAATGT

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Should I submit my old PCAT scores or wait to take the June PCAT? My highest PCAT score from past exams was only around a 58 composite. If I have the option I really do not want to send those scores.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tomtom101

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I would try to retake it and then apply again. 58 won't be high enough of a score to be competitive even if you have steller ec's and gades, etc. It may take another year, but it is better then spending alot of time doing apps and the fees associated with them more than once. Good luck.

4. Garfield3d

Garfield3d An Orange Cat
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would definitely retake the PCATs. In general, a PCAT score in the 70s is semi-competitive, and a PCAT score in the mid to upper 80s is probably what most people would consider comfortable. Sometimes, you can forego a somewhat low score if you did great on the Biology and Chemistry section, but a composite below 70 would mean that you performed weak enough in other sections to the point that it can't be ignored.

You'll want to visit http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=427578 for advice on evaluating your PCAT score. Just out of curiosity, what are your strong and weak sections?

--Garfield3d

5. fenixtnlfan

fenixtnlfan P2 Wildcat
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    You should wait and take it in June or August. It's so early in the application cycle. I doubt any schools will even start looking at applications until August at the earliest. Save yourself some money.

6. GATTACA CTAATGT

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Garfield3d, my highest section was an 86 in chemistry. I scored in the mid 40s for verbal and reading. I need to e-submit my application but in the tests taken section of the PharmCAS application can I just put down the upcoming June test?

7. RxWildcat

RxWildcat Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I agree with waiting and retaking it in June.

8. kittycatblues

7+ Year Member

I would wait to send the scores from June, but any scores from any PCAT you have taken in the past 5 years will be sent whether you want them to be or not.

9. GATTACA CTAATGT

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    So in other words, I do not have to pay an extra $20 to send a transcript of my old PCAT scores to PharmCAS if I am taking the June test.

10. kittycatblues

7+ Year Member

Right. :thumbup:

11. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I'd recommend a retake.