Submit OptomCAS application without LOR completed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

TreeofRoses

Hey guys!

My question is: is it okay to submit the OptomCAS application without having all of the LORs submitted?

I know that it says on the OptomCAS website that it's okay to submit the application without the LORs submitted, but I wanted to confirm this just to be on the safe side lol.

I'm adding another professor to write me a letter, but I won't be able to see her until classes start, so is it recommended that I submit my application before then if everything is completed?

ALSO, can we list university emails for professors? Such as school specific emails? (I hope this makes sense)

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! Definitely do that! The professors can turn in their evaluations whenever as long as the application to the school isn't past deadline. I used school specific emails..I am assuming you mean the ones that are [email protected] and it works for me!

I was planning on submitting my app late because I know I won't have the LORs done early.

Is it possible to get accepted to schools before any LORs are submitted?
Or is possible if only SOME are submitted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was planning on submitting my app late because I know I won't have the LORs done early.

Is it possible to get accepted to schools before any LORs are submitted?
Or is possible if only SOME are submitted?
I am pretty sure if they do give you an interview without any LORs (not sure how likely that is..) that they will put you in the wait list until they are turned it. The LORs are a big part of the application so I doubt they would officially accept without them.

I am pretty sure if they do give you an interview without any LORs (not sure how likely that is..) that they will put you in the wait list until they are turned it. The LORs are a big part of the application so I doubt they would officially accept without them.

Thank you! I was just wondering. :) I probably won't submit until LORs are done. Heh.

Yes! Definitely do that! The professors can turn in their evaluations whenever as long as the application to the school isn't past deadline. I used school specific emails..I am assuming you mean the ones that are [email protected] and it works for me!
So even after submitting your application, they can still submit the letter? You wouldn't have to submit your application again after that?

Yes. You can submit it and the authors can still go in and enter their letters after it has already been e-submitted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 100
For the evaluation request, it says to write a due date. So we can write any due date we choose?

And after we submit OptomCAS, can we still add more evaluators?

I'm planning to send my resume to all my evaluators so they have an easier time writing LORs. Is it ok to put future experience on resumes? What I want to add is shadowing that I'm planning to do at a hospital in August, and tutoring biology majors (not compensated) once the semester starts.

I don't want to look desperate, though, by adding experience I don't actually have yet :/ What's the right way to go?

I'm planning to send my resume to all my evaluators so they have an easier time writing LORs. Is it ok to put future experience on resumes? What I want to add is shadowing that I'm planning to do at a hospital in August, and tutoring biology majors (not compensated) once the semester starts.

I don't want to look desperate, though, by adding experience I don't actually have yet :/ What's the right way to go?
Maybe indicate somewhere in the message to the evaluators that you plan on shadowing/tutoring and provide possible dates or the time frame you plan to do it in.

I did my LORS pretty early because I'm going through an advisory board, but I gave my evaluators my resume and personal statement. I also did interviews with some of the evaluators and this is where I talked to them about any future goals or plans. The main writer for the committee letter also has my OAT scores and grades. Hopefully that helps. Just be honest. I wouldn't add things you haven't done yet on your resume .. Well mainly because you haven't done them yet. Just kindly let your recommenders know your future plans.

So in your opinion is it better to wait for all lor to come in or just submit it and go on the wait list?
Also when is it considered not early to apply anymore?

The schools will not receive your application without it complete. OptomCAS verifies your material before sending it to the schools. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk