Submit or not before DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

You

Carpe Diem!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if it is better to submit even though you don't have the DAT in yet? Or wait till you actually have the DAT then submit?

Members don't see this ad.

You said:
I was just wondering if it is better to submit even though you don't have the DAT in yet? Or wait till you actually have the DAT then submit?
submit first.
It will take 4-8 weeks anyway to process after submitting...

Submit while you are still studying to take your DAT. That way they will have a record already ready for you and will place your DAT scores when you take them. However, a lot of schools do not look at applications until it is complete, thus it will not be reviewed in mnay cases until the DAT scores are sent.

Members don't see this ad :)
SUBMIT!!!!!!

With the rolling admission thing, the earlier you get your application in, the better of a chance you have. DAT can be submitted later.

I second all that...get it in. The only thing that sucks is you will have to apply without knowing your scores (obviously) so in terms of which schools you pick to submit to, it may be a little guessing game.

I chose 18 schools in June and took my DAT 2 weeks ago and now I'm only strongly considering 8 of them.

If I would have done poorly...I would be glad I did 18 though.