Submit or not submit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IDK22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently waiting to get my summer courses verified which will bring my cGPA an sGPA up to 3.5, respectively. I already have some secondaries completed which are nearing the 2 weeks mark. I want to submit them for the sake of looking interested (getting them in under 2 weeks), but I don't want my app looked at until those GPAs are where I want them.

Would you recommend that I...

1. Submit and delay my letters to be "complete" until my GPAs are updated?
2. Hold off until GPAs are verified and then submit secondaries (over two weeks from receiving them) & letters
3. Submit secondaries and letters now and hope that by the time I'm complete at most schools I'll have my GPAs verified/updated.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in a simar situation. Most of the schools I emailed about this said to get secondaries ready and submit them once the updates are in. I think if secondaries are the last thing you need to be complete (which is the case for most people) then obviously it's better to get them in asap, but if you have other factors in play then I don't think secondaries are as big of a rush.

If you get rejected before your updates are in...The few schools I emailed also said they're usually willing to look at your app again if you email them and tell them things have been updated.

I'm in a simar situation. Most of the schools I emailed about this said to get secondaries ready and submit them once the updates are in. I think if secondaries are the last thing you need to be complete (which is the case for most people) then obviously it's better to get them in asap, but if you have other factors in play then I don't think secondaries are as big of a rush.

If you get rejected before your updates are in...The few schools I emailed also said they're usually willing to look at your app again if you email them and tell them things have been updated.

Great to know I'm not the only one. I'm leaning towards submitting my secondaries for a few schools which are showing to take a long time to reach "complete status", such as PCOM (which is like 15 days from when you submit). I'm hoping that by that time my academic update grades should be verified (it said in the email up to 2 weeks). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
The DO cycle is longer, so you have time to wait for things to be verified.

I'm currently waiting to get my summer courses verified which will bring my cGPA an sGPA up to 3.5, respectively. I already have some secondaries completed which are nearing the 2 weeks mark. I want to submit them for the sake of looking interested (getting them in under 2 weeks), but I don't want my app looked at until those GPAs are where I want them.

Would you recommend that I...

1. Submit and delay my letters to be "complete" until my GPAs are updated?
2. Hold off until GPAs are verified and then submit secondaries (over two weeks from receiving them) & letters
3. Submit secondaries and letters now and hope that by the time I'm complete at most schools I'll have my GPAs verified/updated.

Thanks!!

The DO cycle is longer, so you have time to wait for things to be verified.

Would sending my secondaries late not affect my chances by looking disinterested?

No, but a poor app might get put to the bottom of the pile if it's a poor one.

Med schools do NOT gauge interest upon the timing of apps
Just by sending in your app shows you're interested.

Would sending my secondaries late not affect my chances by looking disinterested?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Would it look bad/ok to submit my secondary application, but wait until my grades are updated before sending letters? This way secondary is submitted early but app isn't complete. Thanks!

Would it look bad/ok to submit my secondary application, but wait until my grades are updated before sending letters? This way secondary is submitted early but app isn't complete. Thanks!
i think you are overthinking this. Id just send the letters personally.