Quantcast

Submit pharmcas twice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucky One

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I was wondering if you could submit once and again after 1 month or so. The reasoning for my question is I'm in a situation where my dream school does rolling admissions and although I think my chances are pretty good I'm just paranoid about waiting it out and not getting in by the deadline. Also don't want to miss a lot of my classes this semester.

So I was thinking of submitting it next week to my dream school. Then sometime in January apply again to several different backup schools thereby giving my top school several rounds of deliberations. Since the admissions committee meets every 2-3 weeks. If not I can just apply all at once and pay for the nonrefundable deposits =( and travel costs. Thanks for reading.

pharmdx92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you could submit once and again after 1 month or so. The reasoning for my question is I'm in a situation where my dream school does rolling admissions and although I think my chances are pretty good I'm just paranoid about waiting it out and not getting in by the deadline. Also don't want to miss a lot of my classes this semester.

So I was thinking of submitting it next week to my dream school. Then sometime in January apply again to several different backup schools thereby giving my top school several rounds of deliberations. Since the admissions committee meets every 2-3 weeks. If not I can just apply all at once and pay for the nonrefundable deposits =( and travel costs. Thanks for reading.

Technically both no and yes. You have the option of adding more schools after your initial submission through the "Pharmacy Designation" tab, but you cannot submit a whole PharmCas application twice in the same cycle. Good luck!

angelsplight

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I actually have a question that is similar to this. I currently have a situation where I have 1 Pharm school I want to apply to that has the application on Pharmcas due on December 1st but all the other schools I want to apply for are due on March.
The thing is, I want to apply for this school on the pharmcas that has the approaching deadline 1st then change the material I am to submit for the other pharm schools due March (Since I will have much better recommendations this semester as I did terrible on my 1st school so won't have great recommendations. And since I know I probably won't get into this early one, tho, just giving it a shot since it is my 1st choice but only has 50 seats and my GPA isn't up to par).
So, for the march deadline, do I simply just add the addition stuff into pharmcas when the time comes? Also, for the LOR, do I need a copy for each school I plan to apply for? I asked my friends and some TAs in my school about this and they were either on the same boat as me, or clueless about it.

pharmdx92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I actually have a question that is similar to this. I currently have a situation where I have 1 Pharm school I want to apply to that has the application on Pharmcas due on December 1st but all the other schools I want to apply for are due on March.
The thing is, I want to apply for this school on the pharmcas that has the approaching deadline 1st then change the material I am to submit for the other pharm schools due March (Since I will have much better recommendations this semester as I did terrible on my 1st school so won't have great recommendations. And since I know I probably won't get into this early one, tho, just giving it a shot since it is my 1st choice but only has 50 seats and my GPA isn't up to par).
So, for the march deadline, do I simply just add the addition stuff into pharmcas when the time comes? Also, for the LOR, do I need a copy for each school I plan to apply for? I asked my friends and some TAs in my school about this and they were either on the same boat as me, or clueless about it.

Regarding your March deadlines, yes you can just add the schools you want later on and it should not be a problem as long as it in done in a timely manner. I personally added a school probably 1.5 months after my initial submission. Letter of Recommendation will be uploaded through PharmCas directly from your reference (let it be your professor or employer) so you do not need to worry about copies because they will handle it.

dngu12

Reaction score

Yes, you can add more school after the initial submission. However, I believe you can't make changes to your application other than LORs and updating coursework during the academic update period after it is submitted. Also as pharmd92x mentioned, the LORs it submitted to pharmcas and they send it to all the schools you submit the application to.