submit transcript without sub-i grade or wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chitown82

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've submitted my CAF/PS but am waiting for my LORs. I will be finishing my Sub-I at the end of this week and my grade should be ready a week later (hopefully). My question is should I wait to submit my transcript so my Sub-I grade (I'm going into IM) is included on it or should I submit without it? In short, I honored 4/6 third year rotations (including IM), 240+ Step 1, senior AOA, year off research fellowship, and middle tier state school.

Members don't see this ad.

I think your best bet here is to talk to your professor who will be doing the evaluating. If you are really sure that you'll get an A AND you can count on the professor to turn in your eval ASAP, then it might be worth waiting. If there's much doubt on either of those counts, I'd go ahead and submit. You can always bring an updated copy of your transcript with you to interviews.

I think your best bet here is to talk to your professor who will be doing the evaluating. If you are really sure that you'll get an A AND you can count on the professor to turn in your eval ASAP, then it might be worth waiting. If there's much doubt on either of those counts, I'd go ahead and submit. You can always bring an updated copy of your transcript with you to interviews.

Thanks. Good points. I am pretty sure I will honor the rotation (half of my evaluations are in from the first two weeks of the month and they gave me honors) but my current attending is the person who might hold me up. He said he would turn in my evaluation after the rotation but I'm not sure how quick that will be. If it is under two weeks before I get my grade, I think I'll hold off - unless everyone thinks that it is necessary to get the transcript in regardless.

I think you should just submit now and update later. I would imagine that schools will not start to interview you without any grades at all. Your other grades and step 1 are good, so I don't think your Sub I grade is going to make much of a difference as far as a place interviewing you that otherwise would reject you. Then you can start planning your interviews and update your transcript in time for consideration with your interview.

I think you should just submit now and update later. I would imagine that schools will not start to interview you without any grades at all. Your other grades and step 1 are good, so I don't think your Sub I grade is going to make much of a difference as far as a place interviewing you that otherwise would reject you. Then you can start planning your interviews and update your transcript in time for consideration with your interview.

Thanks for the advice. I was planning on doing that but my school only uploads transcripts once (lame).