Submitting AACOMAS now, too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moy505

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So if I submit my AACOMAS now and expect the typical verification time, is it too late? Im also waiting on one of my letter writers to finish her letter (shes a DO). Should I wait for her or just add her letter in later? Thanks.

GPA: 3.65ish MCAT: 30
@Goro please advise

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on your stats. Don't wait on rec letters, you can always add more after you submit. If you're 100 percent sure you want to apply this year, get your app in ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I submit my AACOMAS now and expect the typical verification time, is it too late? Im also waiting on one of my letter writers to finish her letter (shes a DO). Should I wait for her or just add her letter in later? Thanks.

GPA: 3.65ish MCAT: 30
@Goro please advise
You can find threads like this everywhere. Nothing has changed over the years about "is it too late to apply?" The osteopathic application cycle is extremely long. The cycle runs from June 1st - March (for most D.O. schools). Only a small, very select few schools fill their class by December or January. You have an excellent MCAT for DO schools and your GPA is definitely in the median or higher compared to the majority of D.O. schools. Apply now, wait your 4-6 weeks for verification times, pre-write your secondaries (found in "specific schools" thread) and have your applications complete to your schools by late October/early November. I would say late for you would be January, probably. Get it done!