Submitting AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imadvisable

Reaction score
Hi,

Is it fine to submit my AACOMAS-DO application the end of this month (June 31st) and without a score (taking MCAT 8/1)? Also how far behind in the applicant pool will I be if I do so?

Members don't see this ad.

The DO cycle lags behind the MD one a bit. You wouldn't be behind at all. In fact, you'd still be pretty on course if you submitted it after you got your score back.

Hi,

Is it fine to submit my AACOMAS-DO application the end of this month (June 31st) and without a score (taking MCAT 8/1)? Also how far behind in the applicant pool will I be if I do so?

I would suggest you to add 1 throw away school when you submit your AACOMAS app and once your MCAT score comes back and if you are happy with your MCAT score then add more schools By adding 1 throw away school your app will be verified. If you are taking your MCAT on 8/1 your score will be in by 9/1 so you are good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would suggest you to add 1 throw away school when you submit your AACOMAS app and once your MCAT score comes back and if you are happy with your MCAT score then add more schools By adding 1 throw away school your app will be verified. If you are taking your MCAT on 8/1 your score will be in by 9/1 so you are good.
So I would submit my app on 6/31 for just 1 school and then apply for the rest of the schools on 8/14 (date of MCAT result)?

So I would submit my app on 6/31 for just 1 school and then apply for the rest of the schools on 8/14 (date of MCAT result)?
Yup. That way they can work on getting your information verified (matching up your transcripts to the courses you entered) so when you apply for more schools there won’t be a huge delay.

That's correct. As I said one throw away school the one you don't care much, just add that school. Your app will be verified and once you get your MCAT score back you can add any school you want to, so there is no delay.
All the best!