• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Submitting AACOMAS

dial1010usa

7+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2013
Golden State
  1. Medical Student
Hi,

Is it fine to submit my AACOMAS-DO application the end of this month (June 31st) and without a score (taking MCAT 8/1)? Also how far behind in the applicant pool will I be if I do so?

I would suggest you to add 1 throw away school when you submit your AACOMAS app and once your MCAT score comes back and if you are happy with your MCAT score then add more schools By adding 1 throw away school your app will be verified. If you are taking your MCAT on 8/1 your score will be in by 9/1 so you are good.

About the Ads

imadvisable

Jan 22, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I would suggest you to add 1 throw away school when you submit your AACOMAS app and once your MCAT score comes back and if you are happy with your MCAT score then add more schools By adding 1 throw away school your app will be verified. If you are taking your MCAT on 8/1 your score will be in by 9/1 so you are good.
So I would submit my app on 6/31 for just 1 school and then apply for the rest of the schools on 8/14 (date of MCAT result)?

lumya

Indoor Cat
2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2018
  1. Medical Student
So I would submit my app on 6/31 for just 1 school and then apply for the rest of the schools on 8/14 (date of MCAT result)?
Yup. That way they can work on getting your information verified (matching up your transcripts to the courses you entered) so when you apply for more schools there won’t be a huge delay.

dial1010usa

7+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2013
Golden State
  1. Medical Student

That's correct. As I said one throw away school the one you don't care much, just add that school. Your app will be verified and once you get your MCAT score back you can add any school you want to, so there is no delay.
All the best!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.