Submitting ADEA AADSAS application without DAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tristana_

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am a Canadian student and I have my DAT scheduled for mid-August. I have 3.99 GPA and considerable hours of shadowing and volunteering. My application is ready except for the DAT scores. I am applying to schools in US and I'm not sure if I'd better wait until my DAT scores are in or apply now? I appreciate any tips you have!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted applications on the first day applicants were allowed to (early June) before I took the DAT in early August. I still received interview invites for August through November, as well as subsequent offers. I simply made sure to apply to a limited number of schools that I was emphatic about or thought I’d still have a good chance at getting interviews to if I scored reasonably well. After receiving my scores, I immediately emailed copies of my unofficial score report to admissions and applied to more schools based on probable competitiveness. I’d imagine mid-august wouldn’t be too late for you to be considered for an interview at many institutions.

I submitted applications on the first day applicants were allowed to (early June) before I took the DAT in early August. I still received interview invites for August through November, as well as subsequent offers. I simply made sure to apply to a limited number of schools that I was emphatic about or thought I’d still have a good chance at getting interviews to if I scored reasonably well. After receiving my scores, I immediately emailed copies of my unofficial score report to admissions and applied to more schools based on probable competitiveness. I’d imagine mid-august wouldn’t be too late for you to be considered for an interview at many institutions.
Thank you so much for all the info! I really appreciate it.
I'll try to submit my app as soon as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last edited: