Submitting AMCAS and MCAT timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sach

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently debating registering for MCAT on either May 2 (12 noon), or May 22 (8 AM) or May 28th (12 noon). I prefer to take it at noon. However, my finals start on May 4th and end on May 10th. If I register for May 2nd MCAT, I would get my scroed around June 2nd which would be in time for submitting AMCAS early. If I take it May28th and wait till June 30th for score relase, would it be a problem? I would like to see my MCAT scores before submitting my AMCAS application. Yet, I don't want to interfere with finals.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like the 12 pm spot is more my style - and also, getting the applications in early is really good. But this is common knowledge so having it sent in anytime in June is still considered 'early' and even july to be honest. Just go with when you will be most prepared.

Are you taking a prep course? Usually they end a day or two before the actual exam and so it is timed specifically to that one. I pushed my exam from March 28th to April 4th and had to take a prep course but ended up needing to take it on May 2nd. I'm going to have more time to get a better score and I will still end up 'early' in applications.

Your finals are really your call. I don't know what exams you have on May 1,2,3, and if they are tough you might want to consider a later date. But if they are in pre-med courses you might end up helping yourself by studying for them at the same time. Otherwise you could treat the MCAT like any other final, and just get it over with on the 2nd... thats my plan. GL!

I feel like the 12 pm spot is more my style - and also, getting the applications in early is really good. But this is common knowledge so having it sent in anytime in June is still considered 'early' and even july to be honest. Just go with when you will be most prepared.

Are you taking a prep course? Usually they end a day or two before the actual exam and so it is timed specifically to that one. I pushed my exam from March 28th to April 4th and had to take a prep course but ended up needing to take it on May 2nd. I'm going to have more time to get a better score and I will still end up 'early' in applications.

Your finals are really your call. I don't know what exams you have on May 1,2,3, and if they are tough you might want to consider a later date. But if they are in pre-med courses you might end up helping yourself by studying for them at the same time. Otherwise you could treat the MCAT like any other final, and just get it over with on the 2nd... thats my plan. GL!

haha lets take it May 2nd together! :thumbup:

my finals shouldnt be that bad..maybe like 2 or 3 but I didnt want my classes or finals being interferring with MCAT.