Submitting Application with low shadowing/volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

syedj94

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just realized that the portal does not allow us to add any professional experiences such as shadowing or volunteering after e-submitting. I don't think I have enough Shadowing and Volunteering yet, and my DAT is on June 17th. I only inputted two dentists with a total of 60 hours and my GPA is a 3.3. So is it advisable to wait a month and build my experience prior to submitting the application? I am worried because it take a long time to just process the application, get the transcripts in and for DAT scores to show up.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Wait and do more shadowing before submitting unless you are okay with being a bit unethical and count future hours.

If I submit in July would it be late considering the fact that it take so long to process the application?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, submitting in July will not hurt. I submitted on July 19th last year with a similar GPA and received tons of interviews.

It would be in your best interest to get at least 100 shadowing hours under your belt before you apply. If you submit your application before the second week of August, you will be considered early.

Reactions: 1 user
Should I include my foreign shadowing experience with a DMD as well?

How do you include one time volunteering events? It asks for a weekly average.

Hahaa.. some of the things are very unclear on this application. Like how to include board positions and ASDA membership...