Submitting Application Without DAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jshyun320

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my ADEA application on July 20. They verified my GPA and the mailing date is August 6. I will be taking DAT for the first time on August 28. Does ADEA wait until they get my DAT score or just send my application out to schools without showing it on the application?

AM I TOO LATE??? :confused::confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

they sent your app. schools will receive and then let u know theyre missing the dat.

Unfortunately, the school will then sit on your app until they receive the DAT scores, so you're looking at about October. Then you add the 4-6 weeks of processing for some schools, and you're in mid-November?

Is that too late? Nothing's absolute, but it is late. I guess it depends on how strong of an applicant you are.

Edit to add: faxing your unofficial scores to schools does help with this in some cases.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I realized that DAT scores take a really really long time to process. It took about 3 weeks for AADSAS to get my scores, then it will take another 3 weeks for the schools to receive it from them. If you're ready you should take the test asap to reduce delay.

I took the DAT later because I was under the impression that it would not take very long for the scores to be processed and sent...

Did it take so long last year? Or is it like this because of the new system?