Submitting Incomplete Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DecadoSlade

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am a Canadian Student applying to American schools. I basically have everything done for my application except the letter of recommendation from an optometrist. I found it difficult to find an optometrist in my area who would allow me to shadow them. I am hoping to get the letter around December and submit my application then. However, I was wondering, can I submit my application now and then add the letter or recommendations later on when I get them? Will the committee review my application and/or put it on hold until the recommendation letters come in?

I was wondering what your advice is? Submit now and add letters later? or submit all together in December?

BTW, my GPA is 3.15 (low, but a strong upward trend over 5 years of undergrad) and OAT scores of AA 320 and TS 320

Thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think they can review your application until all information is in. However, it definitely doesn't hurt to submit it now. If I were you, I'd go ahead and send what you have, even if the recommendation letter isn't finished yet. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile