Submitting more than one deposit.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eyesplurgeonwarbys

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I was wondering, are you allowed to put down a deposit on more than once school? I do understand why it would better not to because it is taking up someone else's seat until you make a decision. However, it is a pretty difficult decision to choose, and I think a bit more time would help! I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
 
I believe you can put down a deposit for more than one school but many people choose not to because most schools have non-refundable deposits.
 
I don't think there is anything wrong with it but you might want to ask each school about the refund policy. Also I know they have a shared acceptance report so at some point they will ask you to make a final decision.