Submitting PCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

no-see-um

Bindaas
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you need to list every school on the PCAT site? Or could you just get them released to PharmCAS, and PharmCAS gets them to the schools you are listed as applying to?

Members don't see this ad.

fruit fly said:
Do you need to list every school on the PCAT site? Or could you just get them released to PharmCAS, and PharmCAS gets them to the schools you are listed as applying to?

If the schools are all "Pharmcas Schools" and you listed those schools on Pharmcas, then Pharmcas will send them.

bananaface said:
Someone said earlier that some PharmCAS schools still want the PCAT scores sent in separately and will not accept the scores sent through PharmCAS. I think the PharmCAS site would have more detail. If not, the individual schools would have to be contacted.

Thanks! I called up the school and they said that they want it over PharmCAS versus sending the score report directly to them.

Now, it just becomes a matter of waiting... PharmCAS just sent out updated applications including 11-20 scores on 12-22. I put in for PharmCAS to have my PCAT score on 12-18... Didn't know that I could put in for them to be submitted nor needed them to be submitted to PharmCAS before I took the PCAT. :(

I heard that it may take about 4 weeks to do this now... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is pretty frustrating...

Members don't see this ad :)
fruit fly said:
Thanks! I called up the school and they said that they want it over PharmCAS versus sending the score report directly to them.

Now, it just becomes a matter of waiting... PharmCAS just sent out updated applications including 11-20 scores on 12-22. I put in for PharmCAS to have my PCAT score on 12-18... Didn't know that I could put in for them to be submitted nor needed them to be submitted to PharmCAS before I took the PCAT. :(

I heard that it may take about 4 weeks to do this now... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is pretty frustrating...

I had the same problem. I just notified Harcourt to send my PCAT scores to PharmCAS at the beginning of last week. I requested a PCAT transcript from Harcourt online, so PharmCAS received my scores in no time. (If you check the status of your PharmCAS app. it tells you whether or not they've received your scores.) Does it really take that long b4 the schools actually receive the scores? (4 weeks?) As far as I know, the applications are accessible online for all your designated schools. I called PharmCAS last week and they told me it would take 5-7 business days after my PCAT scores are received for them to send them out to the schools.

kayjay said:
I had the same problem. I just notified Harcourt to send my PCAT scores to PharmCAS at the beginning of last week. I requested a PCAT transcript from Harcourt online, so PharmCAS received my scores in no time. (If you check the status of your PharmCAS app. it tells you whether or not they've received your scores.) Does it really take that long b4 the schools actually receive the scores? (4 weeks?) As far as I know, the applications are accessible online for all your designated schools. I called PharmCAS last week and they told me it would take 5-7 business days after my PCAT scores are received for them to send them out to the schools.

Actually, I believe that you are correct. The scores are submitted electronically pretty quickly... I called a school and they are already there! The paper updates are sent not too long after. Good luck!