Submitting secondaries before an MCAT score and verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aristrutz523

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there even a point? My plan is to focus on my early August MCAT for now and then work on secondaries after it's over.
I submitted early July so I will probably be verified a week or two before my MCAT is even ready.

So basically - is there even a point to worrying about them now? 3 have come in and I don't think they're 3 week turnaround secondaries, plus there's legitimately no way to review my app right now anyway?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wondering the samething about the Casper.

I think for MCAT, some schools will review your app without a score while others wont. You should prioritize the schools in the former if you know their policy.

Is there even a point? My plan is to focus on my early August MCAT for now and then work on secondaries after it's over.
I submitted early July so I will probably be verified a week or two before my MCAT is even ready.

So basically - is there even a point to worrying about them now? 3 have come in and I don't think they're 3 week turnaround secondaries, plus there's legitimately no way to review my app right now anyway?
The point would be to maybe give yourself a shot to score an II if the rest of your application is solid and those schools are among the schools that have said they will do that, but nothing is more important than the MCAT right now if you are testing on the 8th and you don't feel ready.

Reactions: 1 users

This would be an exercise in foolishness, and could lead to a ton of donations.

Do NOT apply until you have your score, and then target accordingly.

BTW, Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.