Submitting secondary without LORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fldoctorgirl

IM PGY-1
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have started getting secondary applications from several schools. I have all parts of my application turned in except for my LORs. I got my LORs way back in May but the line for committee letters at my school was so long; I am supposed to hear back from them tomorrow regarding my letter.

My question is: is there any point to me submitting my secondaries now, or should I wait till I have the committee letter?

Members don't see this ad.

I have started getting secondary applications from several schools. I have all parts of my application turned in except for my LORs. I got my LORs way back in May but the line for committee letters at my school was so long; I am supposed to hear back from them tomorrow regarding my letter.

My question is: is there any point to me submitting my secondaries now, or should I wait till I have the committee letter?
Interested this as well.

Schools won't review your app until everything is sent in and it's completed. I had that problem last year which kinda screwed me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools won't review your app until everything is sent in and it's completed. I had that problem last year which kinda screwed me.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I will have my committee letter around the middle of July, so I was just wondering if there was any benefit to submitting now or if I should wait until I have the letter to submit. I've decided to just go ahead with submitting as I get secondaries.

I'd go ahead and submit them. It's one less thing to worry about.

Reactions: 1 users
In a similar situation. Would it be easier to send letters from Interfolio to schools individually or the AACOMAS portal?
I'm using AACOMAS but I *believe* that letters uploaded to AACOMAS go to all of your schools, so if you want to tailor your LORs to specific schools, Interfolio might be easier. I'm not sure about this, but a google search should be able to give you a clearer answer.

I'm also in the same situation just to show some solidarity lol!

I also submitted my secondaries on the advice that I shouldn't let them build up on me. Plus it feels good to see those secondary submitted emails.
A few schools contacted me, whether by phone or email, and just told me to give them a quick update once I knew the letter was submitted to AACOMAS, so that kinda makes me better.

Reactions: 1 user
I was in a similar situation the last cycle just submit the secondaries as efficiently and quickly as possible. DO NOT let them pile up waiting for your letters. The schools will review you once the letters are in. LECOM is the only DO school that will give you an II without letters present so if you applied there make sure you do that secondary first.

I agree with all the above posters. Definitely work on and submit your secondaries regardless of whether all your LOR's are complete are not.

Even if you have all your LOR's completed on the AACOMAS website (or whatever letter service you use), it still might take a while for the school to match those letters to your file/portal. I have everything completed on my AACOMAS, and I just submitted a secondary for a school, but on their portal it shows they still have not received my LOR's yet.

What if you are awaiting mcat scores as well? I submitted only to one MD and one DO school and received a secondary from the DO school?

What if you are awaiting mcat scores as well? I submitted only to one MD and one DO school and received a secondary from the DO school?

The same rule applies but many schools will wait for that MCAT score before they even send you a secondary due to cutoffs.

The same rule applies but many schools will wait for that MCAT score before they even send you a secondary due to cutoffs.

I will try and submit it then I received a secondary from AZCOM last Wednesday, but I am still waiting on my DO letter and mcat scores