Submitting the AADSAS Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skateguitar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am wondering, I am taking my DAT July 2-10 and will probably obtain my Dentist LOR around that time as well. I am pretty sure I can get everything else (transcripts + 2 other LORS, personal statement etc.) set and ready early June. My question is, Once I send my trancripts and 2 LORS to AADSAS early June, should I wait until Julyish once I have finished my DAT and dentist LOR to have them send my finished application to Dental Schools? Or should I have AADSAS send my 1/2 application June 3rd to dental schools and then send the rest as it comes to AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad.

I have pretty much everything but DAT. I would suggest sending everything in but not submitting till you have your DAT. I have heard once you submit you cannot change things. They wont look at your app till DAT anyways, so just go ahead and take it and send everything in

I've read a few other threads on this but I guess I'm a little confused now. I know you need to start an application to get the transcript matching forms (to send in your transcripts). But do you need to actually submit your application for them to start verifying the transcripts? Or do they just verify when they receive the transcripts (regardless of if you've actually submitted the app rather than just started the app)?

I was under the impression that it's best to submit the app and transcripts in order to get the transcript verification out of the way since this process takes them a few weeks. And in the meantime, you can finish getting your LORs and take your DAT.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong? This is my first time applying so I'm not definitely sure about this. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
no, i don't think you can submit your application unless your gpa is verified. what happens is that once you submit the transcript to AADSAS (transcript matching form will be needed), they take care of adjusting the GPA. the reason why they do this is b/c all schools have their own gpa system. for an instance, my gpa went up compared to my college cumulative gpa. usually for private colleges, it will tend to go down (my friend's case). mine went up about ~0.1

last year when i sent in my transcript, it only took a day or two for them to readjust the gpa. processing didn't seem to take long, but it took about a week for the transcript to be received by the AADSAS (this was b/c my college only sends out transcript every wednesday or so).

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing things up for me! :)