Submitting too many secondaries at once?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimkim

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys!
Let's say you were working on your essays while your AMCAS was being verified. As a result, even though your AMCAS was verified today, let's say you are ready to submit secondary applications to more than 15 schools today(in one day).
Is submitting too many secondary applications at once(in one day) a bad idea? What I am worried about is, if you submit too many applications at once, what if all your interviews are clumped togeter(on same dates or similar dates)? Isn't it better to have like only one interview per week rather than having 5-10 interviews in one week?

Thanks, guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Edit: Only going on friend's interviews so far, they all got at least a day or 2 to pick from.

Last edited:
Turn secondaries around as fast as possible without sacrificing quality. You can schedule your interviews and space them out as you wish, it's not as if they only give you one interview date.

erm, false. some schools let you schedule but some schools say, "hi, we are inviting you to interview; be here at 11am on tuesday november 20th." and you can probs reschedule but it's not especially easy.

EDIT: i think we're also overlooking the main issue here: not every school has an identical timetable. there isn't a formula for date of secondary submission + x days = date of interview. i submitted my downstate and umass secondaries weeks apart but the interviews are scheduled within a few days of each other.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, timetables are way different, and 99% of people don't have the "I have too many conflicting interviews to fit them all into these three to five months" problem. You'll be fine, submit.

Oh what I wouldn't give to have the problem of too many interviews ;)

Submit your secondaries as soon as you can.

It's very unlikely you'll get 5-10 interviews that just so happen to land within the same week.

You can reschedule interviews if you have a time conflict.

10 interviews in a week...I would think most interviews will consume the whole day, so having any more than 5 in a week is probably not possible.

I think the OP is afraid that 10 schools will send an interview invite with an inflexible date, and they'll all happen to fall within the same week.

This is very very unlikely...

10 interviews in a week...I would think most interviews will consume the whole day, so having any more than 5 in a week is probably not possible.

Well, that and just about everyone does interviews on Friday. I've never seen a Mon, Tue, or Wed interview date. But they're going to be spread out over months. And if you're the kind of person that gets 12 interviews, you can probably get one acceptance and then only go to interviews at schools that you like better.

In any case - submit now.

Oh what I wouldn't give to have the problem of too many interviews ;)

for realsies. le sigh.

Well, that and just about everyone does interviews on Friday. I've never seen a Mon, Tue, or Wed interview date. But they're going to be spread out over months. And if you're the kind of person that gets 12 interviews, you can probably get one acceptance and then only go to interviews at schools that you like better.

In any case - submit now.

funny you should say that... the two i have are on a tuesday and a wednesday.

tonight's gonna be a good night

Oh, and to the OP: don't worry about getting too many interviews yet. Just go ahead and submit as soon as possible as long as the quality is good. Don't sacrifice quality for timing.