Suboxone clinic part time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetlenovo88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on a part time suboxone clinic since my cap would be 30 patients for the first year? I would have all day Wednesday and then a weekend day to devote to this. I would then hire a medical assistant/LPN part time to work with me to do UDS and maybe that same person to be the secretary?

What would the numbers look like?

During the week, I do telepsych and would not be in that office.

Members don't see this ad.

You certainly could do that, but you want to make sure you can afford your clinic expenses doing that just 1.5 days per week. People are going to need a lot more details before being able to tell you what the numbers look like. You won't have trouble finding patients.
Are you going to take insurance, cash, see medicaid/medicare patients? What would the location be?

You certainly could do that, but you want to make sure you can afford your clinic expenses doing that just 1.5 days per week. People are going to need a lot more details before being able to tell you what the numbers look like. You won't have trouble finding patients.
Are you going to take insurance, cash, see medicaid/medicare patients? What would the location be?

Thanks for the quick reply. Location is Miami/South Florida. I'm not quite sure if I should stick to Miami or drive to West Palm where are all rehab programs are. I would only be taking cash as I don't want to use my limited time trying to get paid. What would be a monthly fee for a patient on maintenance and initial fees for beginning treatment? Also, is the UDS a separate charge for the patient or just if it has to be sent out for confirmation?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How would you handle inductions? I generally recommend these patients to come in the next day to evaluate dosage. Day 1 to day 2 can be significant dose changes.

So would working on Saturday/Sunday be better? It is feasible to just do this on the weekend?

What kind of profit does a 30 patient practice supply? I understand the government restricts the number of patients a physician can see in, particularly in the first year, but just wondering how profitable this could be for a doc doing this on the side like OP mentioned.

What kind of profit does a 30 patient practice supply? I understand the government restricts the number of patients a physician can see in, particularly in the first year, but just wondering how profitable this could be for a doc doing this on the side like OP mentioned.

I am wondering the same

Will patients pay $400 for a once a month visit?

Will patients pay $400 for a once a month visit?

Generally no, but it really depends on your region.

Some docs take insurance and do suboxone. I've also seen $300 inductions which include the new eval and a follow-up the next day. Follow-ups in my area are $140-160.

Even after inductions, I require follow-ups at least weekly to get the dose maintained. Then progressively decrease the frequency to once/month with stable patients. 2 days being open will be incredibly difficult to handle problems, difficult inductions, relapses, and screens that test + for benzos. If a follow-up tests + for benzos after unknown use, will you fire them, risk OD by Rx Suboxone, or delay treatment for a whole week? All are poor options imo.

How will you handle relapses? Most good cash clinics have therapists on site to ensure more aggressive therapy occurs with relapses.