Suboxone film

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sousou

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you cut suboxone film? On the package it says "Do Not Cut", but doctors always prescribe 1/2 film or 1/4 film.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you sure? Want to elaborate a little bit?

Yes. Not really. Can you find a study that shows tablets can be split? I doubt it. If so, I imagine it to be from the first half of the 1900's. Uncoated uniform doses can be split according to simple logic.

Are you sure? Want to elaborate a little bit?

what happened to common sense? these are SL films...why wouldn't you be able to cut them...just don't stack all 120 of them together and try to cut it all at once.

what happened to common sense? these are SL films...why wouldn't you be able to cut them...just don't stack all 120 of them together and try to cut it all at once.

I'm not the only one that had a question about this. The drugs may not be evenly distributed on the film or there could be other reasons I'm not thinking about right now. In any case, you didn't have to be a dick about it.

I'm not the only one that had a question about this. The drugs may not be evenly distributed on the film or there could be other reasons I'm not thinking about right now. In any case, you didn't have to be a dick about it.

The drug is distributed evenly all over the film. It's basic pharmaceutics principles. Also if you don't understand pharmaceutics because most people don't, just think from a logic standpoint, if it wasn't distributed evenly over the entire film, there would be no way for them to mass produce it.

Any dosage form that is immediate release whether it is a tablet, a suppository, a film, or whatever can be cut exactly in half to have exactly have the contents in it. It's statistics and pharmaceutics.

The drug is distributed evenly all over the film. It's basic pharmaceutics principles. Also if you don't understand pharmaceutics because most people don't, just think from a logic standpoint, if it wasn't distributed evenly over the entire film, there would be no way for them to mass produce it.

Any dosage form that is immediate release whether it is a tablet, a suppository, a film, or whatever can be cut exactly in half to have exactly have the contents in it. It's statistics and pharmaceutics.

That's not true- with the exception of Toprol XL- many extended release tabs are not scored and by simple pharmaceuticals are not designed to be split. Are you aware of the process that goes in XL, CR, SR, IR, etc tabs- if you split them you would not get an even distribution and actually you will possibly destroy the formulation.

That's not true- with the exception of Toprol XL- many extended release tabs are not scored and by simple pharmaceuticals are not designed to be split. Are you aware of the process that goes in XL, CR, SR, IR, etc tabs- if you split them you would not get an even distribution and actually you will possibly destroy the formulation.

You not read what I wrote. I wrote immediate release. By the way IR means immediate release. I don't know why you grouped it with XL, CR, SR, etc.

And when mass producing drugs, XL, CR, SR, etc those are evenly distributed within their enclosed shell or beads or whatever it is they come in. When you break those tablets then you are breaking the release mechanism, or when you crush those beads you are destroying the ER or DR or whatever component.

Mass producing IR forms is when drugs are evenly distributed.