Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. Want to know where I could improve or does this sound ok so far?
Over a year ago, I left a graduate program in which I was going for a MS in Sports Medicine. Realizing I wanted to go to school for something else, I left after 2 semesters. I've pondered what I want to do and decided on PT along with being an Athletic Trainer. I took Gross Anatomy and Biomechanics during that program and made B's in both, but ended up with a D in rehab. Not that I don't understand the concepts and how to do rehab. So, my 3.0 got brought down to a 2.39. No, I'm not at all happy with it. I have plenty of experiences in a variety of sports settings and have also worked in a clinic along with a physical therapist and chiropractor doing rehab as well. My undergrad GPA was a 3.4 my last 4 years, all while in an intense athletic training program and getting my Spanish minor. My pre-req GPA is right about a 3.0. I had a 390V on my GRE taken 3 yrs ago but did a 630Q, and I know I could improve that a great deal more.
I'm, currently doing some sports medicine right now as well as soon to be doing some PT observations. I will take Physics II this summer and the required Stats class for the school I'm interested in going to. I could possibly take a graduate course to bring the grad GPA up, but trying to find the time to do it, especially in anything science related or anything that doesn't required a slew of pre-reqs, might be impossible. Do you think I could get away with killing the GRE or should I really need to take another grad class or two?
Thanks.
Over a year ago, I left a graduate program in which I was going for a MS in Sports Medicine. Realizing I wanted to go to school for something else, I left after 2 semesters. I've pondered what I want to do and decided on PT along with being an Athletic Trainer. I took Gross Anatomy and Biomechanics during that program and made B's in both, but ended up with a D in rehab. Not that I don't understand the concepts and how to do rehab. So, my 3.0 got brought down to a 2.39. No, I'm not at all happy with it. I have plenty of experiences in a variety of sports settings and have also worked in a clinic along with a physical therapist and chiropractor doing rehab as well. My undergrad GPA was a 3.4 my last 4 years, all while in an intense athletic training program and getting my Spanish minor. My pre-req GPA is right about a 3.0. I had a 390V on my GRE taken 3 yrs ago but did a 630Q, and I know I could improve that a great deal more.
I'm, currently doing some sports medicine right now as well as soon to be doing some PT observations. I will take Physics II this summer and the required Stats class for the school I'm interested in going to. I could possibly take a graduate course to bring the grad GPA up, but trying to find the time to do it, especially in anything science related or anything that doesn't required a slew of pre-reqs, might be impossible. Do you think I could get away with killing the GRE or should I really need to take another grad class or two?
Thanks.