Subsidized Stafford Loans

Started by Nexx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nexx

2 weeks and counting
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I don't think this is a duplicate post, so sorry if it is or if the info is buried deep in another post.


Just came across a news feed that Subsidized Stafford Loans are having a drop in interest rates over the next 3 years. As of July 1st 2009 they dropped to 5.6% (from 6.8%) and will drop again in July 2010 and then finally drop to 3.4% by July 2011

Just figured I'd pass on the info 🙂

http://studentaid.ed.gov/PORTALSWebApp/students/english/studentloans.jsp
 
studentaid.ed.gov said:
Interest Rate Reductions

Over a four-year period beginning July 1, 2008, the interest rate on subsidized Stafford Loans made to undergraduate students will be reduced. The applicable interest rates for loans made during this period are as follows:

No love for grad students. We are stuck at 6.8%.
 
Aww.. I fail at reading comprehension 🙂

Oh well.. good thing I posted it in the prevet forum!