Tuck

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2004
Status
I am sure everyone knows that substance abuse among pharmacists is fairly high, and if not now you do! At any rate, does anyone else find it moderately amusing that the the treatment initials for the program are PRN (pharmacists recovery network)? Could just be my odd sense of humor working overtime, but I kinda thought that was funny :/

skp

free to highest bidder
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2004
IOWA - YOUR GAIN IS OUR LOSS
Status
thanks for the enlightenment...on was on ACCP's website and saw the tab for PRN and thought to myself...PRN...what's PRN? Is this the PRN I know? Hmm...maybe I should investigate...no, i'm too tired :thumbup:

lord999

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2002
DC
Status
Pharmacist, Academic Administration
Ours is PAPA (Pharmacists Assisting Pharmacists Addiction?) and the lady who runs it, Lisa Yates, is a sweetheart and one of the most competent administrators in the state.

baggywrinkle

cranky old fart
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2003
Tacoma, Washington
Visit site
Status
Tuck said:
I am sure everyone knows that substance abuse among pharmacists is fairly high, and if not now you do! At any rate, does anyone else find it moderately amusing that the the treatment initials for the program are PRN (pharmacists recovery network)? Could just be my odd sense of humor working overtime, but I kinda thought that was funny :/
The health professions attract addictive personalities. I know of an anesthesiologist who had a 15 minute fentanyl habit.