Substance Abuse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tuck

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sure everyone knows that substance abuse among pharmacists is fairly high, and if not now you do! At any rate, does anyone else find it moderately amusing that the the treatment initials for the program are PRN (pharmacists recovery network)? Could just be my odd sense of humor working overtime, but I kinda thought that was funny :/

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for the enlightenment...on was on ACCP's website and saw the tab for PRN and thought to myself...PRN...what's PRN? Is this the PRN I know? Hmm...maybe I should investigate...no, i'm too tired :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Tuck said:
I am sure everyone knows that substance abuse among pharmacists is fairly high, and if not now you do! At any rate, does anyone else find it moderately amusing that the the treatment initials for the program are PRN (pharmacists recovery network)? Could just be my odd sense of humor working overtime, but I kinda thought that was funny :/

The health professions attract addictive personalities. I know of an anesthesiologist who had a 15 minute fentanyl habit.

Interesting....I though pharmacy attracted obsessive-compulsive "like" people?