Substance causing these symptoms?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess_tonel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Initially Patient feels throbbing vein in frontal lobe (left hemisphere) lasting 1 hour.

Then feeling out of sorts, uncharacteristically anxious, restless can't sleep.

Following morning. patient extremely thirsty despite drinking plenty and not consuming any salt. perfectly clear urine. Patient very anxious, reports feeling a bit strange. Reports having cognitive problems
Starts feeling intermittent head pain in left forehead/temple.

8 days on. Patient has consumed very little salt, yet stil very thirsty despite drinking plenty of water. Patient reports headache in brain areas each time they consume salt. reports headpain in orbito frontal cortex, left hemisphere. describe this headache feeling as *tissue withering away* . Feels anxious with problems thing

Patient believes she may have been spiked in a setting with student Psychiatrist, Neurologist, etcetc.

I ruled out head injury with scan/motor testing, past history of patient is exempliry

Any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Really dude...again? You need to start going to different parties.
Ha! It's the placement I have, we get these cases quite often. I'm always at a loss with Pharma/Toxicology but thanks for your help :p

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like you keep asking about the same one case. How many psychiatrists/neurologists are throwing parties in your neighborhood? It sounds like you are boxing yourself in thinking it is a "substance" that was "spiked." The presentation of the patient isn't really clear in any of your posts, are you a student/resident? Is this timeline going on in the hospital or is this patient reported? Vitals? Labs? Physical exam?

If (referring to previous postings with similar case) this is going on for 10-20+ days I would be skeptical of poisoning (barring any heavy metal toxicities). I would be thinking neurological (atypical migraines, MS), but there isn't really any clear patient presentation you provide to really help you.

It sounds like you keep asking about the same one case. How many psychiatrists/neurologists are throwing parties in your neighborhood? It sounds like you are boxing yourself in thinking it is a "substance" that was "spiked." The presentation of the patient isn't really clear in any of your posts, are you a student/resident? Is this timeline going on in the hospital or is this patient reported? Vitals? Labs? Physical exam?

If (referring to previous postings with similar case) this is going on for 10-20+ days I would be skeptical of poisoning (barring any heavy metal toxicities). I would be thinking neurological (atypical migraines, MS), but there isn't really any clear patient presentation you provide to really help you.

You should try contacting your local poison center. You may also want to consider environmental or occupational toxins.

Heavy metals can cause weirdo symptom complexes, but without a better description of the case one can't point you in a better direction.

That being said, more info may begin to creep into HIPAA land in which case you ought be cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.